Chapter 3: Silver Moon Pack

I woke up feeling hot, laying inside the car. Maybe we were in the Silver Moon territory. The climate here was the total opposite of my pack. My pack! I remembered again that I wasn't apart of Snow Moon anymore. I was now apart of Silver Moon. "Finally, you're awake. We're here at the heart of Silver Moon territory." Titus said while opening the car door.
I looked around to see a castle. It was a huge three story building and it really looked like a castle. I got out of the car and observed the field covered with grass. It was beautiful. All I could see in Snow Moon was ice and some trees. I hoped I could tour around and see if there was a river near the pack house. "Follow me Lady Mika." Titus said. "You can call me Mika, Titus." I replied. "It's not appropriate to call the future Luna by her first name and without formality." He answered. Gosh, where was I? The 1800's? 'Titus is weird.' I said to myself.
I followed him inside the pack house. My first thought was that I entered a new world. Where Kings and Queens were living. The ceiling was too high with a chandelier dangling above us, the floor was covered with red carpet and the furniture was made out of the finest wood. "This place looks like a palace." I said aloud. "It's indeed a palace, Lady Mika." Titus said. "Hmm? How come you have a palace here? Are all the pack members of your pack living here?" I asked still following him wherever he'll bring me.
"Well, for starters like you, this house is for the Alpha and Beta's families as well as some high-ranking wolves. The others are located around the castle. You may see them later, if Alpha Shad permits." Titus said. He stopped and opened the door guiding me inside. "This is your room for today Lady Mika. Alpha Shad will decide where you will be staying later." He said, putting all my bags inside the room before excusing himself.
My room was as big as my room in Snow Moon but this one was painted mint green and the tiles were brown. I laid myself in the comforting bed until I fell asleep.

***

"What the hell?!" I shouted. Someone was in my room, putting clothes inside the cabinet. "Did I wake you?" The girl said while glaring at me. "What are you doing inside my room?" I ignored her question which I think she knew why. "Isn't it obvious?" She said while raising one of her eyebrows.
I clenched my teeth hearing the attitude in her tone. I didn't know who she was, but I had a feeling that she hated me. "Well, it is. But what are you doing in my room? You can knock you know?" I said sitting in my bed fully awake. "First Beta Titus told me to attend your room and fix your things. I knocked three times but no one answered." She said, explaining herself. "Okay." I said.
I looked at her carefully. She was beautiful in her own way but she was in a maid uniform like I saw earlier when Titus and I arrived. "Why are you staring at me? Don't you know that it's rude to stare?" She said glaring at me again. "You know what, I don't know what seems to be the problem but your attitude towards me needs to stop. If you don't like what your doing then leave." I said truthfully. She kept glaring at me. "My name is Leela. I was Alpha Shad's personal servant but now I've been assigned to you." She said after finishing her work.
"If that's the case, I'll tell Shad to switch and you can go back to your old duties." I said, standing and fixing myself in a full-body length mirror. "That's not necessary. They won't let me near him now because of that stupid contract!" She yelled.
My eyes widened when realization hit that she was his girlfriend. Just great. "You're with him am I right?" I asked. "Yes! He loves me, but because of that damn contract he needs to marry you." She said. "Well..... I don't want to marry him. This contract just pushed my father and I to do it since it was our ancestors who asked this pack for help." I informed her. Her eyes grew bright and she smiled. "So.... You don't like him? I can still continue my relationship with him?" She asked. "Of course! I won't stop you. Tell him to marry you instead of me. That will make our lives much better." I said.
"Is that true? Or are you just making fun of me and my emotions?" She asked, doubtful of my words. "It's true Leela, but I want you to understand that you need to convince him to withdraw the contract." I said. She smiled at me. "I'll do whatever I can." She said. Poor girl, so damn in love with her Alpha.... but I can use her. If Shad was really into this girl, then we could have an agreement or I could convince him to pursue Leela instead of marrying me.
After putting my clothes in the closet, Leela excused herself and left. I laid in bed. This place was really different compared to my old pack. I got my phone and texted my father, brother, and best friend Nico. I informed them that I was already there and I was fine. I didn't want them to worry about me. I put my phone back in my bag and laid back in bed.
I needed to rest again because I felt so exhausted here with the different climate change. 'Wolf? When will you be awake? I'm so lonely here.' I said to my wolf, but there was no reply. I closed my eyes and prayed to the moon goddess to wake my wolf. I was beginning to worry if my wolf was even there or if it was just my illusion.