Chapter 22: The Wedding

Everyone was busy with the preparation today. The invitations were sent yesterday to witness the wedding of the strongest pack. The visitors were arriving. I was nervous and excited. My dad called last night and told me about the healer which was the one I hated. He told me that he threatened her. Life for a life, that's why she was working her ass off.
"Are you ready Luna?" Carly asked. She helped with the preparations, even my hair and make up. The white dress was beautiful on me especially with my hair tied up. Only the small amount of curls exposed my face. "Yes I am. There's a lot of people out there... My dad and brother as well as some of my previous pack. Even Alpha's and Luna's from other packs are here." I said squeezing my hands.
        "Luna don't mind them. They're just people sitting there and watching you and Alpha. This day is for you, not for them so own it!" Carly said, stopping my hands from squeezing each other. "You're right, Carly." I turned around and stared at my reflection in the mirror. It felt like it was yesterday when I came here filled with nothing but hatred towards Shad, but now I'm marrying him and I love him with all my heart.
        I never imagined that I would have fallen for Shad. I hated being forced into it at first, but now I wanted it to happen. I wanted him. "Luna, it's time." Carly said. I stood up feeling nervous. My gorgeous gown touched the floor as I walked into the hallway. Carly was walking beside me. The wall faded and then I was in front of a hundred people waiting for me.
The field was covered with blue lanterns that gave a beautiful scenery around us. The tables and chairs were covered with white and blue designs. As we ordered, all the guests were wearing white. I looked around and every face in the crowd was looking at me. I smiled when I saw my father, my brother, and Toby as well as other friends in the pack. I walked down the isle where my handsome groom was waiting. He looked so handsome in that white long-sleeved polos which had 3 buttons that were open. White pants and barefoot.
As tradition, after we shared our vows, Shad and I would return to the forest in wolf form and go to a cliff where we'd howl at the moon and mark each other. Wolf and flesh. He offered his hand, I accepted. He guided me up the stage where the elder of the clan would be the priest. "Everyone! Today is the day that we look forward for what's to come. The day our Alpha will choose and marry his Luna. In front of us is Lady Mika, daughter of Alpha Malcolm of Snow Moon pack. Born with strong bloodline, a gifted wolf; a healer and a warrior." The elder said.
        The crowd cheered for us. I looked at my pack and smiled at them. Toby was smiling and waving at me. Shad looked at him and growled, causing everyone to laugh. "You're so jealous Alpha." I said. "I just don't like him getting your attention." He said. "The moon will be here soon. Let's begin!"
Everyone went silent, even Shad and I. "Alpha Shad of Silver Moon, do you take Mika of Snow Moon to be your beloved wife and mate?"
"Yes Elder." Shad said. "Lady Mika, soon to be our Luna, daughter of Alpha Malcolm of Snow Moon, do you take Alpha Shad as your beloved husband and mate. Swear to this pack of your loyalty. Give us the heirs for the next generation and become the best Luna of Silver Moon, do your duty with all of your heart and soul?" Elder asked. I smiled at Shad before I answered the question. "Yes I do, Elder."
The Elder opened a box that had two white-gold rings that were waiting for us to wear. "Alpha Shad, take this ring and say your vows to your Luna." The Elder gave my ring to Shad. "Mika, my Luna. Take this ring as a sign of my love for you. I'm so happy that our ancestors made the contract that bounded us together. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have met the most wonderful girl. You. I want to thank the moon for making me the lucky guy that'll have you the rest of of life." He held my hand and slowly put the ring on it.
"Take this ring as an acceptance of my heart, my promise, and my life. I'll be a good mate to you and will help you and be there for you all the time. I promise not to leave your side and protect you. I won't ever leave. Even if you push me away." He ended his vows with a kiss on my hand where the ring was located. A tear fell from my eye.
        "Shad, my Alpha, take this ring as a sign of my undying love. I promise to cherish you, love you, serve you, protect you and the pack, bring you happiness and a wonderful life." I held his hand in mine and slowly put his ring on his finger. "I want to thank you for accepting me. This isn't what I expected. At first, I hated you, for putting this kind of forced life on me. I never wanted to have a mate because of a contract, but when I met you, I started to see the great Shad, a man who deserves love. Today, everyone here is my witness to my vows. I vow to love you, protect you, lead with you, and give you the heir for the future of our pack. I love you Shad, I always will."
        As soon as I finished putting the ring on his finger, the blue moon filled the stage where Shad and I were standing. 'The Moon Goddess is watching you.' Hana, my wolf said. "By the grace of our Moon Goddess, I now pronounce you husband, and wife. We have the new Luna!" The elder shouted, causing everyone to cheer for us. "Alpha you may kiss your mate and do the run." The Elder said before leaving us on the stage. "I waited for this." Shad said. "Shut up and kiss me." I said. He pulled me close, kissing me passionately before pulling me off the stage.
        Everyone cheered for us, especially my father. He looked so happy seeing me with Shad but there was something I saw in him when the light of the Blue Moon touched my skin. His eyes went wide, looking at everyone but it seemed that there was no one looking in our direction. I was about to go to him but Shad pulled me to him again. He shifted into his beautiful silver wolf, Forest.
        Because I couldn't shift, he lowered himself and had let me ride on his back. He ran as fast as he could to reach the cliff in no time. I jumped off of his back. He left me for a moment before coming back, wearing shorts. I looked at his well-tanned body, asking me to touch it. "Like what you see?" He asked smirking. "Your ego might kill you Alpha." I said.
        At that place, we could see the lake where the blue moon was beautifully setting. It was like a perfect art piece in front of us. Shad slowly pulled the dress off of my body, causing me to shiver. He kissed my neck where he would put his mark. I moaned as he licked my sweet spot.
        My arms caged his neck and I pulled him closer, kissing him. I felt so hot just by being near him. "Shhhhaaaaaaaaadd!" I shouted when I felt his canines bite my neck, sealing our wedding and becoming real mates. It hurt at first but when it was done, all I could feel was pleasure. "I can smell you love." Shad said. "I want you." I responded.
        I kissed him hard and pulled his body closer to me. Our bodies fitted each other. I started to lick his ear down to his jaw, to his neck, making him moan. I bit down, leaving my mark, satisfied with where it I decided to place it. I licked and cleaned the blood around it. It caused Shad to pull me to the bed, laying me down where his hard rod was positioned between my legs. I was so ready this time!