Chapter 15: Sleeping Wolf

After that one great moment with Shad, I went to Toby to tell him Shad would be sending Lauren to help his sister. She would also be staying there for good, since I really didn't like her a lot. We just needed to wait one more day due to her injuries, my bad.
        "Hey Lady Mika, you seem to be in a very good mood today." Corey said when I approached him in the training room. "Nah... it's nothing. What do we have here now?" I asked looking around at all the new equipment. "Well, for you nothing at all but the warriors of Red Moon pack will be here today. Their Alpha wants them to train with us, since you know... I'm the best warrior teacher in the world." He said proudly with a wink.
I laughed hard before I felt something inside of me burn. I held his arm when I almost fell to the ground. "Lady Mika what's happening?" He asked with very worried and confused eyes. "I don't know Corey.. I feel hot inside." I said painfully. "Let me call Alpha." He said setting me down. Some of the pack members ran towards us to see what was happening. "WHAT HAPPENED?!" Shad's voice distracted me from the pain I was feeling inside. "I don't know Alpha; we were just talking when she started being like this. We need to get her to the healer." Corey said.
Shad was fast enough to bring me to the healer. She looked lovely even in her age. She looked at me with shock when she saw my eyes. "Alpha, Lady Mika's eyes are changing color. This is a sign." Said Isha, the healer. "A sign for what?" He asked. "That her wolf is awakening. The burning sensation in her body is the outcome of it being awake. She'll feel this more and more while it's still awakening. I can feel something off about her wolf. She's mad." She said.
What? My wolf was mad? But why? I needed to know the answer. 'Wolf? Are you there? Please talk to me. It's me, your other half.' I didn't get an answer. The exhaustion from the pain pulled me to sleep.

*****
SHAD'S POV
*****

Isha's words caught me off guard. I knew that she was a late shifter, but what frightened me was what she said. She felt something was wrong with Mika. "What should we do about it?" I asked. "I think we need to call the oracle and ask her about this." Isha said. "But this isn't oracle business. That bitch won't entertain my request."
"There's a new oracle in Rose's pack. You can ask her to visit us." She said. "I'll call Alpha Mario about it. He's a friend of mine." I said.
I didn't waste anytime. I called him right away. "Alpha Mario, it's Shad."
'Shad! It's been a long time. What can I do for you?' He asked. "It's about your oracle. I need to ask her a favor. My mate needs her help."
'A mate? That's good news. Don't worry, Kenna will be there tomorrow.' Alpha Mario said. "Thank you, Mario."
'Anytime kid.'
"The oracle will be here tomorrow. Am I the one who'll be asking questions for Mika?" I asked Isha as I ended the call. "It has to be Mika. Her question, her answer." Isha said. "Okay? I'll tell her later."
"Okay Alpha. If you need me, call me. I'll be leaving now." She said before leaving the room.
I looked at my mate who was peacefully sleeping. I had hoped there was nothing wrong with her. Her wolf would come soon. I could feel my wolf jumping inside of me in excitement. He really wanted to meet her wolf and play with her. I was deep in thought when I felt someone enter the room. My wolf snarled automatically. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I just want to see my best friend." Toby said.
I really didn't like that pup. I knew he felt something for Mika. "I know what you're doing pup. That girl is mine. And only mine."
"I know okay! I just want to see if she's alright. This is the first time it's happened to her. I think her father needs to know about it." He said. He was right. "Then call him and inform him. But I don't want him demanding to get on my land. I'll let Mika call him when she's fully awake and feels better." I said. "You are impossible. You know how important she is to him. Yet you won't let him see her when she's in this kind of state." He said.
I dragged him out of the room and threw him outside. He snarled at me but I growled at him. "Don't tell me what to do with my mate. I'll do what I need to do; you don't need to tell me what I already know. So shut the fuck up! Go to your room and wait for Lauren. Then leave my land." I said slamming the door and locking it. That son of a bitch!
I knew what to do I just needed time. I needed to know what was happening to my mate before I let anyone interfere. She promised me that we would work this out. I looked at her and held her hand. "I won't let you go. I'll do anything for you. I think I love you Mika."