Chapter 20: Shopping Day

"Mikaa let's go. Second beta is waiting in the car." Carly said.
We had already finished our checkups for the day. When we arrived this morning, everyone was grinning at us. I knew what they were thinking. I ignored them, even Carly, who was still bugging me about what happened.
I got inside the car which had Corey in the driver's seat. A man named Levi was by his side, while Carly and I were sitting in the back. "How long will it take to reach the town?" I asked. "One hour. You can sleep if you want. It'll be a long drive." Corey answered.
"Are you excited for your wedding?" Carly asked. "I am, but at the same time, I'm nervous. Having a mate is new to me." I said. "That's fine. Alpha Shad loves you. We can all see that. I just wish to see your wolf." She said. Hana perked her ears up when hearing someone wanted to see her. "I also hope to see my wolf, Carly." I said.
"It'll be a strong one." Corey added. "How do you know that?" I asked. "You're a strong woman even though you don't have a wolf. I can just imagine how strong she is."
"Well... I hope she shows up soon. I want to see what she looks like."
'I am the most beautiful wolf in the world.' My wolf said in my mind. I chuckled which made them look at me. "What's funny Mika?" Levi asked. "Nothing, I just remembered something." I lied.
We talked and exchanged jokes while inside the car. We arrived in town at exactly lunchtime, so we all decided to eat first. Almost everyone was looking our way. Some girls giggled when they saw Levi and Corey while the guys whistled at Carly and I. Corey looked at the guys no they all lowered their heads. Well, who wouldn't? Corey was a big guy with big muscles. If I were them, I wouldn't mess with that guy.
After lunch, we headed to the mall. Levi and Corey decided to wait outside while I chose my dress. A beautiful old women assisted me. "Good afternoon Ma'am. I'm Ana, the manager of this store. How can I help you?" Ana asked. "We're looking for a white dress." I replied. "For you or for your friend?"
For me." I said.
        "Party or wedding?" She asked. "Wedding." I answered. "You're lucky, I have two new white dresses that arrived this morning. By the looks of it, they'll surely fit you. Wait here and I'll get them." She said before leaving. I looked around and found a beautiful red dress hanging on the rack. I fell in love with the simplicity of it. I knew it would fit me so I gave it to Carly. 
        Amy came back with two beautiful white dresses. One was floor length; simple yet elegant white gown. It was a v-cut type of gown with no accessories at all. So plain yet so beautiful. The other one was the total opposite of the first one. It was a strapless and backless dress with beads around the breast part. Both were gorgeous but I choose the first one. I'd look like a goddess in it.
        I tried them both on but Carly agreed with the first one. "You look beautiful in that dress. Surely everyone who wanted to be Luna will envy you." She said. "Well, I hope they accept me. I'm a very dominant person, I don't like being judged by others." I said.
        We paid for the dress and headed to the car with Corey and Levi. Because of being tired, I fell asleep in the car until I felt something wrong. "Corey, Levi? Can you hear that?" I asked. "Hear what?" Levi asked. "I can hear something. There's something following us." I said. "Maybe it's just you're imagination Mika, maybe you're dreaming." Corey said.
        I looked outside the car. I still had a gut feeling there was someone or something following us. 'Hana? Do you feel it?' I asked my wolf. 'Yes! There's something there, I just don't know what.' She answered. "Corey, stop the car." I demanded. "What?! Why would I do that?" He asked. Carly and Levi were staring at me. "Just stop the car." I said.
        As soon as the car stopped, I got out and scanned the area. There was movement from behind us but I couldn't sense it at all. 'This is some creepy shit.'
"Mika, go back to the car. Alpha is waiting for us." Corey said. I could see movement in the trees. "There! There's something there." I said while pointing in the direction where I saw something. "Maybe it's an animal. Let's go. We don't want to be late for dinner." Corey said pushing me back inside the car. "Mika, you shouldn't leave the car. If there is really something out there, we must protect you." Levi said. "And I will not take orders again regarding stopping this car." Corey announced.
        I stared at both of them. "Mika, just listen to them. The reason why Alpha ordered Levi and Corey to be with us is for your safety." Carly said. "Okay, but I'm one-hundred and ten percent sure there's something out there and following us. I can sense it." I said. "I must hurry. I don't want anything happening to you under my protection. Alpha Shad will surely kill me if he even saw a small scratch on your skin." Corey said, which made me smile. How I wondered what would happen if that really happened.
        We arrived at the pack house late due to the incident. Shad was waiting at the door looking very worried. "Why are you late?" Shad asked. "Sorry Alpha, it won't happen again." Corey said while looking at me. "Hey big guy, don't get mad at me. I swear something is out there." I said. "Wait, what?" Shad asked looking towards my direction. Ooooops. My mouth would definitely get me in trouble.
        "It's nothing. I just got this feeling that we were being followed so I ordered Corey to stop the car and I got out looking where I saw some movement." I explained. "That's dangerous Mika!" Shad shouted. "That's what I said Alpha." Corey said. I rolled my eyes at the both of them and left. Super protective son of a bachelor!

*****
Someone's POV
*****

       "She can feel me Alpha. Even if I mask my scent and move from tree to tree." I called my boss. He was angry because I failed my mission.  
        He wanted me to deliver the girl to him as soon as possible. He thought that she was the girl we were looking for. "I don't care how you do it but I need that girl. She's the key for our plans." My Alpha said. "Yes Alpha. I will deliver her to you as soon as possible." I said before he ended the call.
        This was insane. I could feel that she was strong and powerful. She could even feel me without a scent. I needed to plan this thoroughly before my Alpha decides to end my mission, and my life.