Chapter 33: Interrogation

There was a big funeral inside the pack today. Most of Snow Moon warriors who died were sent to their homes to be buried properly based on their traditions. Alpha Malcolm traveled with them to lead the ceremony.
        I, on the other hand was looking at the faces of my warriors whose grief was unmeasurable. One by one they said their goodbyes and prayed to the Moon Goddess. I could feel she was watching her children and mourning with us. I looked at the night sky and prayed to her, asking her to keep my mate strong. I would do anything to get her back and avenge the families of my dead warriors.
        I stood in the middle where the bodies were put above a stage made of wood. We would burn their bodies and send them back to our creator. I slowly lit the fire and watched how it burned the bodies of my warriors. 'The Goddess will bless your soul.' I prayed.
After a few hours, Titus mind-linked me to go to the dungeon. The vampire we caught was already awake. When I got there, I saw the two vampires we caught trying to break the chains binding them. "If I escape these chains, I'll kill you all." The vampire with the long hair said. "If you can, Monster." Titus said before he hit him in the face. "You know I can Dog. This is why we joined Master Landon. To kill a dog like you." The vampire said.
"Landon hmmmm. If I'm not mistaken, I saw you a few years back. You tried to kill one of my pack members but the thing is, you were a rogue back then." I said. "So you still remember me after five years."
"From wolf to vampire. What a transition." I said. "It's better than being wanted by the surrounding packs. I was just trying to hunt when I reached your border. Your warrior attacked me first that's why I killed him."
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Tyler and the guy next to me is my brother Kayce." He answered.
I looked at the vampire next to him. He was still young, maybe nineteen or so. He was a vampire it might help him out with staying young. "Tyler, I know this is a big misunderstanding. I'm tired from the interrogation. I just want to find my mate. I promise not to kill you and your brother if you tell me where he's hiding my mate." I said.
I actually felt bad after hearing his side. I was cruel before, I knew that but I didn't have time to fight for information. I needed to talk to them first before I decided what to do next. "You're lying." Tyler shouted. "I'm not I swear to the Moon Goddess that I will not kill you and let you go after I have found my mate." He looked to his brother and his eyes softened.
        "Even if you ask over and over again, we can't tell you that information. We are bonded to our Master. He can control us. After we transformed into vampires, he ordered us to do a lot of things. One thing was to keep where he lives a secret. We cannot break that rule, if we do, we will die." Tyler explained.
        That was new information. They were all bonded. "What if I killed him? Will you die as well?" I asked. "We don't know. We are already dead; we don't have souls. Only werewolf genes can be transformed into a vampire. All the vampires you will encounter were once werewolves." Tyler said. "Only werewolf? Can he do that to my mate?"
"As far as I know, no. He needs the Luna to stay a wolf in order to reproduce." That was a relief. "If I let you go, can we follow your tracks to locate where his base is?" Tyler thought for a while. "I think it's possible. I can leave tracks for you to follow, but I won't enter the perimeter. He will feel my presence and demand information. If that happens, I can't lie." Tyler said. "Titus, take their chains off and give them some blood from the clinic so they can feed." I said.
        All the people inside the dungeon looked at me like I lost my head. I saw Tyler and Kayce's shocked face. "Alpha, it's a big risk to unchain them. They might kill us and our people."
"I don't think that'll happen. These two are just victims of mistreatment. I blame myself for what I did before. They need another chance. Just keep an eye on them while I go speak to Alpha Malcolm." I looked at Tyler and Kayce who was speechless at the moment. "Please don't make things difficult causing them to hurt you. I'll transfer Kayce to one of our rooms in the pack house. You can get him back when we find the base." I said. "O-Okay. Thank you."
"And one more thing, don't go back to him ever again. I hope that his life isn't bound to yours. I hope you all can make a life even as a vampire." I said. "T-Thank you Alpha." Tyler said.
        Titus followed them while looking disappointed at my decision. He would understand it when he finds his own mate someday. It would melt his steel heart and look at the brighter side of things. I followed them inside the pack house and waited until they were set. I called Alpha Malcolm to tell him the information I got from the vampires. He told me that he would be here tomorrow evening and we could go to find Mika then.
        I agreed with him, even I felt the old man needed to rest. He had been traveling back and forth just to save his daughter. I couldn't let bad things happen to him because Mika would surely be heartbroken if something happened to her dad. I walked back to our room. It was already cleaned but her scent was also gone.
        Just a little more time Mika. I will get you back.