Deep dive to the heavens

Friday December 22 2022,

Killian POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

It is three in the morning when I walk out of the office in the penthouse.

Our security team, father, Dominic and I have been discussing my talk with the dark king. As I suspected, no new information has come to light. Only the things we already knew. They are coming for us.

This is just conformation.

The thing that concerns me most is that their first target is Esmee. Especially now that she is with child, I can't take the risk of her being harmed.

Grigory reassured all of us that his new security plans are as good as they can get. And that nobody should even come remotely close to Esmee.

I pray to God that he is right.

We came to the conclusion to put it out of our minds until after Christmas. Here is't much for us to do anyways but to all play our parts. And mine right now, is those of the husband.

I am tired. Emotionally empty.

Slowly, I open the bedroom door.

When I do so, the nightlight goes on.

Esmee sits up from her position in the bed.

She wears a satin pajama set and looks beautiful. Even after a long night.

'Why aren't you asleep?' I ask. She must sleep. It is best for the child.

'I couldn't because you weren't with me.' She holds open her arms

I strip down from all my clothes and crawl into the bed.

Esmee takes me in her arms and I take her in mine.

'What is wrong?' She asks.

Such good intuition. I was stupid to think that this would go right past her.

I turn off the lights and lay down, 'Nothing.'

I almost hear her frown, 'Yes there is. You were quiet the last part of the night. Please don't paint me as the fool.'

I don't want to do that. I just don't want her to worry. To be honest that line of thoughts has never worked out for me. Looking back at our history, she will find ways to talk me into telling her anyways. So way dragging out this painful discussion.

I pull her closer. Unable to look at her face when I tell her.

'I talked to the king of the dark.' When I mention him, she visibly tenses.

'Okey?'

'He wanted to mention to me that he is coming for me, my family my crown and you. That is why I had this meeting with my dad.' How I am able to say all these words is beyond me. I don't want them to be true.

Esmee says noting.

'What are you thinking?' I ask. Unable to leave things unanswered.

She shrugs, 'This news does't come as a shock. We've had so many dead threats that I feel numb for the concept.'

Maybe that is the best reaction she could have.

'Are you worried?' She ask me.

I look down at her fairy face, 'Of course I am.' I speak in sincerity. 'You are my erasthai. Everybody that comes after you, comes after me.'