The power of protection

Sunday December 3, 2022:

Killian POV:

∞∞∞∞∞∞

Dimitri and I practically ran up the stairs of the plane.

Dimitri is texting people on this phone. Probably arranging things for when we land.

I am on the phone with my secretary.

'I am on my way to Russia. How are things there?' I ask her when the door of the plane closes behind us.

We both sit across from each other on the leather seats.

I am literally sitting across from the person who is my biggest enemy.

He is the only man in Esmee her life who isn't a relative and a suitable mate option.

While I am on the phone with Aline I study Dimitri.

He is half my age, although he looks older.

You can see his life experience painted on his face.

His eyes are dark grey, almost black and they have this sharp look about them. Ready for any sort of danger.

He is about as tall as I am. Only he is much more muscular. I can't even understand how he can walk with arms and a chest as big.

His nose is not at as symmetrical. Probably broken a bit too many times.

His hair is a strange color. It balances between dark blonde, light brown and it has a grey glow.

Two big scars run over his face.

One straight from his eyebrow to the other side of his cheek.

One on his forehead.

I can see another scar peeking from over the edge of his T-shirt, running up towards his neck.

He is not really that handsome. He is just an animal in human form. I can understand the allure.

'Okey Aline. I will speak you soon.' I press her away.

Dimitri looks up from his phone, 'What is the situation?' He asks.

'Luckily no casualties. Furthermore, the entire IT department is destroyed. Nobody knows how and why. My nephew is on it.'

I might need to consider this may be Harper his doing. I don't paint him as the man who takes rejection casually. Besides he is still alive. Gregory told me that he would execute him as soon as possible. It just hasn't happen yet. So who else could it be?

Dimitri's face doesn't show anything, 'Could it all be an accident?'

I snort in haughty derision, 'I don't believe in accidents. Do you?'

Dimitri shakes his head, 'Me neither.'

Hmm. Maybe we are more alike than I thought.

My eyes go to the scar on his neck.

'Where did you get the scar?' I ask him without shame.

He raises his eyebrow in either surprise or suspicion. Maybe both.

'Which one?' He asks.

I shrug, 'All of them.'

Dimitri opens his mouth, but we get interrupted by a stewardess.