Hearts and flowers

Wednesday December 20 2022,

Killian POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

My heart is beating fast.

I feel tense.

My chest is heavy.

And that tiny box in the pocket of my jacket is burning a hole in my flesh.

Have I ever been so nervous?

It is really unlike me to show my emotions externally. But when my foot tabs on the elevator floor, I know that I've lost my mind.

The elevator stops and I walk out it, surprisingly fast.

I ring the door bell and it doesn't take long for Esmee to open the door.

She leans against the doorpost, 'What's up Killian. Long time no see.'

unexpectedly but as expected, all my worries fade by looking at her face.

It is very early in the morning and the sky shows its colors. Lighting up Esmee her face.

'Good morning love.' I speak as I kiss her on the forehead.

She waves me in while hopping her way to her room, 'I am so exited. I can't wait so show my friends Russia. I hope they fall in love with your life the same as I did.'

She is in love with my life. It is hard to explain the emotion that I feel while she said that. Is it gratitude, joy, love... emotions are difficult.

With one wave of her hand, her suitcases all stand in the living room.

'Packing is easy with powers. Allows you to do three things at the same time.' She explains.

She looks at at me with this wide smile and the only thing I feel is this tension in my heart.

She has packed three suitcases and a bag full.

I look at her with raised eyebrows.

Ashamed she bits her nails, 'It's a bit much. But I don't want to forget anything.' She explains, 'Besides I stay in Russia all the way until Christmas so...'

I step closer and place a hand on her shoulder, 'The plane has lot of space.'

She smiles and takes her suitcases, 'Okey, I am ready to go.'

When she walks away I stop her.

'Wait. We have something to do first.' I tell her.

She frowns but puts down her bags, 'What?'

I do not want to give away any clues.

'Nothing too important. The plane leaves in five hours. We have time.' I explain.

'Five hours! Why did you come here so soon?'

A question I do not want to answer.

'Because we have to do something first.'

'What?'

'Nothing important.' I repeat.

She bites her lip in irritation and looks at me as if she is done with it.

'Alright, I guess. But may I remind you that every time you took me somewhere without my knowledge it ended terribly bad.' She speaks as she puts on her shoes and coat.