Reality

Thursday December 21 2022,

Killian POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

Parties, social gatherings, dinners. I've never been a man to like any of those. But strangely so, this night turns out to be more joyous than I thought it to be.

Everybody is doing their part without as much as a complaint.

Esmee turns out to be the best date in the word. But why am I even surprised?

She is so charming and witty. And of course she makes everybody that we talk to smile. Making me look like an utter dick in comparison.

I've always had a clear idea of how a woman was supposed to behave. I've always picked them because they had the same certain qualities. Every female that I choose as my date was extremely docile, un-opinionated and now that I look back, always agreed to whatever I was saying. Of course the ego part inside of me was satisfied because it would mean I could do no wrong. To woman looked up to me and seemed pleased. But I could never really trust it. Because if they agree to whatever I am saying, how can I ever know if it is real? Because they are afraid to lose the respect I have for them. Aren't we then working out of fear and not faith. Seems like a dreadful situation to be in.

Esmee is the complete opposite. Ever since the beginning she always stated her opinion. Even if it is something that I do not like, or that might hurt me. But at least then I know that it is the truth. And that she will remain to be truthful to me. And to be honest, that calms me down more than ever docile woman ever could.

Having a beautiful and compliant woman is a status signal for a man. That I am highly familiar with. Every woman on my arm was a trophy, and I was theirs. They were supposed to look good, smile, praise me in the high heavens and nothing more. That was their job. That is why I picked them.

If this night has taught me anything, is that there is so much more to a couple than what they present.

Esmee is probably the least compliant woman I've dated so far. Yet she is the best person I could ever bring to social situations.

Her honesty, wittiness and smart mouth charms the hell out of everybody. People are drawn to her, not because she puts on this mask and plays a part in a play. No, because she is utterly herself and that puts people at ease. Around her, people are not afraid to make mistakes. Because before them stands this beautiful woman who won't ever judge and merely laughs along with the mistakes that she sees as joyful imperfections.

Nothing about her screams wallflowers. Nothing about her is something for the background. And that might scare man. Insecure man who need someone lesser then to feel better then. It took me a while to work through that myself. I would be dishonest if I said that I felt fear of how people might react to Esmee. I would also be dishonest if I didn't admit that I wanted to ask Esmee to change to fit my surroundings. Looking back that would be a betrayal on my mate and her personality that makes her so unique.

And that level of uniqueness is exactly why people are so drawn to her.

Everybody loves her. And tonight is the indication of that very fact alone.

And it is safe for me to admit that I love her even more because of this night.

The way she stayed close to me, being this beauty on my arm.

Laughing, smiling and grinning the entire night.

The way she would ask curious and inquisitive questions to all my fellow rulers.