Then a murderer was born

Thursday December 7, 2022:

Killian POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

I close the door behind me and pull out my phone.

I call the man I loath most in this word. Grigory Gravill picks up with a simple grunt.

'Good morning Mister Gravill. I have one question only. We've already established that you are not above killing right?' I say making sure nobody is around.

The otter line stays silent for a while.

'Innocent of guilty?' He simply asks.

'Does it matter?'

'No.'

'Good. Because I want you to kill my oldest niece and her mate.'

Once again I am met by silence.

'It sounds like you are above killing. Why you're niece and her mate?'

I growl, 'Because they wanted to kill mine.'

'Esmee?'

'Yes. They are also the ones behind the break in and the fire. It is a speculation but my gut tells me that they did it. Now I have an inconsolable mate, who will not feel safe if her wanting to be murderers are out there.' I explain.

'Don't worry my king. I will make sure that it is a done deal.' He speaks as if it is a simple Sunday morning. Yet something lurks behind his voice. He must find it titling that gave him this gift. One that we never thought I would give him.

'It's a deal.'

'It is. I hope that my Queen will feel safe. I may not like you, but I admire the woman who puts up with you.' He sounds humorous.

'As do I.' And with that I press him away.

Doucheback.

When I walk back in, I see that Esmee is sleeping.

I take a seat on the bed. Making sure not to waker her up.

She is so passed out that she doesn't notice the movement of the bed when I lie next to her.

I take her in my arms, and swiftly she turns around so her head is on my chest.

Her mouth falls open and she starts breathing though it.

She bust be awfully tired.

Not that many minutes later a knock on the door is being heard.

'Come in.' I mumble.

Dimitri walks in with a bag and a tray of food.

When he sees us his eyes grow wide, but he quickly everts them.

He places the tray on the nightstand and places the bag on the ground next to it.

'Thank you Dimitri.'

He nods, 'My Lord,'

With that he walks out of the room again.

I may not be the best person in understanding social clues, but something is troubling him. He probably was just very uncomfortable with seeing Esmee and myself in this position.

I roll the night stand, table thingy towards us and look at what he got us.

Two full buckets of soup. And a lot of bread.