Morally white

Thursday December 7, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

Turns out that Killian has actual 'friends' who work for the government institutions. Including the police force. Killian his father contacted some of his buddies and they are ready to commit perjury on the documents that go into the police system.

Killian and I talked in great length on what I am able to give away and what should stay a secret, which is pretty much everything.

I tie my hair into a ponytail in the bathroom, while applying the slightest bit of make-up that Dimitri has dropped of with our clothes.

'Are you sure you don't want to put the blame on the principal of your school?' He talks my way from the hospitable room.

I roll my eyes, 'Killian, we have been over this. I am not going to blame an innocent man for kidnapping me.'

'First, he is not innocent. And second, he is an asshole.'

I smile while putting lipstick on. Somehow I find childish Killian very funny and charming.

'Be that as it may, I am not going to frame the man.' I talk back.

He comes in my sight and places his hands on my shoulder.

I look at him though the mirror.

He looks deep into my eyes as he bends down and kisses the skin just above his T-shirt.

'The police would believe it. It makes a credible story. People already know that we had a fight with him a month ago. It wouldn't be hard for the world to believe that he could have taken revenge in this form.' He whispers against my skin.

I smile as he kisses my entire neck, 'If we do that, are we better than that shit-head that you call niece?'

He stops kissing me and looks me in the eye, 'I guess not.'

I start washing my hands, 'Exactly.'

'Can you for once not be so spot clean and morally white?' He groans as he kisses the top of my head.

I laugh, 'Thank you for the compliment. But trust me, I am not clean. I just try my best.'

He opens his mouth to answer, when we hear a knock on the door.

Killian smirks and looks my way, 'Show time little dove.'

Killian walks towards the door as I take a seat on my bed.

'I hope I am not intruding.' A male voice speaks.

Soon the voice has a face.

One middle aged man and a younger woman walk into the room.

The man is bald and is not as tall, yet very muscular. The woman is about the same hight as the man and has her blonde hair in a ponytail.

Once again I am amazed how powerful police officers look. You can say about the police force what you want. But the Dutch police uniforms are almost hot. That's how good they look in them.

'Not at all.' Killian speaks.

The woman is the first to walk towards me, 'Miss van der Burg. My name is Katelynn. This is my colleague Sven. We are here to take your statement.'

I smile brightly, 'Good meet you. Do you want anything to drink?' I offer.

They both smile with humor in their eyes for my strange request.