Just a dream

Tuesday December 5, 2022:

Killian POV:

∞∞∞∞∞∞

I've been sitting at my desk for nearly two four hours. I've been telling myself that is because I have lots of work to do. The main and true reason is because I am too much of coward to face my father. Because looking at his face hurts.

I try so hard to remember all the good he has done over years, what he has taught me. But do to my resent discoveries I see it not as something I can easily shake off. My parents are nor Esmee and I, and I can't see them as such. But I can't wrap my head around how my father could do this, while I would burn myself after hurting Esmee the way my father did my mom.

It is not as if I just sit behind my desk doing absolutely nothing. I am. I am doing the most tedious tasks I can get my hands on. This morning I even rearranged my sock drawer. If something tells you that you have fallen deep, it is the rearrangement of the sock drawer

And I did all of that not just to avoid my dad. But for another reason.

I've been having this feeling in my stomach that something bad has happened, or is going to happen. I can't imagine what could have possibly happened. My mind is probably playing tricks on me. Or it is traumatized by the attacks on my business and now it is impossible for me to relax.

Once again, I shake away the humming noise in my head that tells me to take action, and the knot in my stomach that makes me want to throw up.

I grab my pen and start writing towards the secret council in Moscow. When I speak of secret I mean secret. There are only a select few humans who know about the supernatural world. The main council lies in Moscow. The people in the council are the most powerful people on the face of the planet. They rule the human world, my family the supernatural one. We have an alliance with the humans, so we both can stay in power together in peace. I am writing them because of Esmee. Because I have found our new queen. The council must be made aware of that.

When I am done writing, I give my letter to the butler.

Just as I am about to sit after my desk my phone rings. Benjamin his name appears on the screen.

Panic immediately forms in my body. Why would he call?

'Benjamin.' I answer the phone.

'Killian.' His panicked voice screams though the phone.

'Benjamin, what is it!' I scream back.

Suddenly Dimitri appears on my side. He must have heard my screams.

I put the phone down and put it on speaker.

'Esmee. She is gone. She wanted to bike to school today. And I allowed it. She said I could fallow her with the car, so I did. There is this two-minute period where I did not lay eyes on her, could not lay eyes on her. And in that period she disappeared. I found her bike and bag, but she is not there. It is not her to play around. Nor to break rules. Someone has her Killian.' He explains.

My entire world stops. I find myself being unable to think. Unable to breath. The only thing that I can think is that this cannot be real. She cannot be taken.

Good thing is she is not dead. Or I would have felt it. I would have been dead by now as well. Because I cannot live in a word that she is not in.

Dimitri sees that I cannot talk back and takes the phone over.