Chapter 14: Attempting the Spirit Skill

"Assist your own Martial Spirit?" Su Yuntao was dumbfounded.

This Spirit Skill is similar to the effect of an auxiliary-type Spirit Master absorbing the Starlight Fruit Tree, but it is different. It is cast on oneself and cannot be used to enhance teammates.

"Then your Spirit Skill should still be considered a Battle-type spirit skill."

Strengthening one's own state to enhance combat power is also a common Battle-type spirit skill.

However, it is rare for Spirit Masters who absorb the Starlight Fruit Tree to obtain this type of Spirit Skill.

After all, according to experience, Spirit Masters of various categories such as strong attack, agile attack, and even defense will seek Spirit Beasts in their corresponding fields to obtain Spirit Rings.

Which attack-type spirit master would find a star fruit tree soul ring with poor combat effectiveness to obtain status-increasing soul skills?

Of course, there are Auxiliary Spirit Masters who seek Spirit Beasts particularly strong in certain aspects to obtain auxiliary-type spirit skills. For example, the Seven Treasure Glazed Tile Pagoda can acquire defensive auxiliary soul skills by hunting the powerful one-horned giant rhinoceros.

"Sigh, you're really going further down the path of using books as weapons." Su Yuntao sighed.

On his way here, he also learned about Su Wen's situation and tried to advise him.

Using a Book Martial Spirit as a weapon is inherently inferior to martial spirits like hammers and swords.

To bridge this gap, it's not just a matter of a perfect Spirit Ring match.

Su Wen understands the logic behind Su Yuntao's words. However, having combat power is essential for hi.

'Indeed, when used purely as a weapon, a Book Martial Spirit has no advantage compared to various Martial Spirits like swords and hammers.

But, the fighting style of a Book Martial Spirit's Spirit Master doesn't necessarily have to be limited to using books as weapons.'

Su Wen is limited by his current abilities and can only develop this particular fighting style. While using a magic book is a good choice, Su Wen's Martial Spirit lacks the capability in that direction. He doesn't have any foundational Spirit Skills of any attribute, making it impossible to develop in that aspect.

The first Spirit Ring is the foundation for everything Su Wen does, affecting both his future training speed and the limit of his Martial Spirit quality. It's crucial to address this early on. Therefore, he cannot afford to explore the direction of magic books this time.

"Now that Xiaowen's Spirit Ring has been fully absorbed, we should leave as soon as possible."

The Spirit Hunting Forest is inherently dangerous. While it's uncertain if there are thousand-year Spirit Beasts, it's impossible to guarantee their absence in the Spirit Hunting Forest.

Returning to the Spirit Hall, Su Wen expressed his gratitude to Feng Yuan, Sisi, and Su Yuntao, then proceeded to register with Grandmaster Ma Xiu Nuo.

On the way back, Su Wen found himself in a dilemma.

"I can't show off too much. If my qualification for practicing in Spirit City is approved, it could be troublesome."

He doesn't think the benefits of going to Spirit City are small, but going there is where everything is truly unpredictable. Who knows the limits of a Titled Douluo's abilities?

At the level of Titled Douluo, even without actively cultivating spiritual power, one's spiritual power will naturally grow to an exaggerated extent. What if they can sense the malice of weaker individuals with it?