The door to his office opened and Matteo strode in not even knocking, he just gave the blonde a bored look as he watched him walk towards the couch in the office.
He sighed out and watched him perch himself on the couch, he could feel Matteo's eyes on him and the cigarette in his hands.

"What is it"? He grunted out taking another puff of the stick

"It's been a while I saw you smoke that thing" Matteo muttered gesturing his head to the cigarette in Spade's hand, he grumbled not saying anything in response to what Matteo had just said.
Something or rather someone was making him smoke, it was somehow relieving him of the stress his brain was currently passing through.

He took the stick back to his mouth and took in another deep array of smoke, puffing it out he placed the stick on the small cigarette tray on his table.

"Anything from Miller"? He asked and Matteo just shook his head, his eyes looking unsure, pondering if he should tell Spade or just let it pass
The man already had a lot on his plate, most of it being about the kid, he didn't wanna add to it

"Nothing, he hasn't called yet" he muttered looking at Spade, he sighed out and raked his tongue through his teeth, contemplating if he should ask about him.
He was itching to know about the kid and he knew Matteo was still watching him closely.
Before he could stop himself his mouth opened on it's own.

"What about the kid"? He asked, mentally cussing himself for not being able to hold out for much longer, he watched Matteo look away from him, immediately he sensed something wasn't right, Matteo was beginning to act weird.

And he only ever acted weird if he was either nervous or hiding something
He clenched his jaw "what about the kid Matteo"? He asked again this time louder, Matteo looked at him briefly before sighing out loudly.

"He uh... He hasn't been to his apartment since yesterday" he muttered almost inaudibly, making Spade completely turn his full attention to what Matteo was saying, he felt the slight twitch in his hands on the table.

"What"? He snapped making Matteo to look away from him again
"What do you mean he hasn't been home since yesterday"? He asked

"I don't know okay, I have been checking the CCTV cameras and I haven't seen him in the house and he hasn't been seen around the building either, even his car hasn't been seen" he rushed out, Spade felt his resolve falter as he watched Matteo.

He clenched his jaw, and felt his heartbeat slowly increasing it's pace.
"And you're just telling me this now"? He almost growled out glaring at Matteo, he scoffed and ran his hands through his hair.
"The kid hasn't showed up to his house in almost 24 hours, right after his sister disappears and you didn't think to tell me"? He growled out feeling the anger bubbling inside of him.

"Look Spade, I didn't think it was important okay and beside you had other things you were dealing with" Matteo muttered making Spade glare at him hard

"You didn't think it was important"? He asked in disbelief "are you even listening to yourself Matteo? You know how much this deal means to me and how badly I need it in order to do what I have to do, and without either of Greg's children I can't go on with my plan, and then you didn't think it was important to tell me that the other Miller kid, the only other leverage I have on Greg has gone missing"? He snapped looking at Matteo with hard, angry eyes.

The blonde just sighed out and clenched his jaw, he knew how much this whole thing with Greg was important to Spade and he didn't really not tell him because he thought it wasn't important, he didn't tell him because Spade already had a lot going on for him and Matteo didn't wanna add to it
He really didn't expect Spade to take it this far.