chapter thirty-eight.

-Estella romano

Our day was eventful. We went to the movies. And then to the beach. And then april and lia dragged us to the library as they gushed about the new latest book called "punk 57" or whatever that is. Rory and i occupied our selfs by getting icecream next door to ease the boredom. After that it was already 6am. As april explained the party that we're going to started at 9am.
We all rushed to my house considering we were getting dressed there. Im so glad no one was home. My father and mother we're working late and ash...i guess she was somewhere creating havoc. My brother left a note saying not to wait up for him. He decided to sugarcoat it by adding a damn smiley face. Which i immediately turned into a sad face. Were all huddled in my room as madness goes on.

There are clothes scattered everywhere and makeup lying around as april jumps everywhere searching for lipgloss. I bite my lip as i stare into my mirror. Rory just finished adding makeup to my face. Well not exactly makeup. She added eyeliner to my eyes. Which made my hazel brown eyes pop out more. And added blush and lipgloss and mascara. Which i liked considering it wasn't alot. I sat there and conteplated if i should really go to this party. It wasn't my style. It'll never be mine. This version of me seems confident , sexy and adventurous. I watch how my grown shoulder length hair falls pin straight. Since i always wear it with volume. This looks so much more different. I sigh as i stand up and stop as i see the lipgloss laying on the floor next to my bed.

"I can not go with chapped lips ! I cant ! I refuse to" april shrieks as i wince . I touch her shoulder and she turns around her perfectly curled hair slaps in her makeup free face. Shes opting for natural tonight. Mascarra and lipgloss.

Her eyes are wide and it twitches. I hold up the lipgloss in my hand and a huge grin takes over her face as she grabs the lipgloss out of my hand and pushes rory out of the mirror as she puts on. Rory curses at her as i roll my eyes .

I look around the room . Wheres lia?

I furrow my eyebrows "anyone seen lia"

Rory points her perfect manicured nail at the bathroom door and i walk towards it but not before grabbing what i need . I walk towards the bathroom and open it. When i come in lia lets out a small shriek and covers her arms. And i smirk in amusement "its just me" i whisper. She lets out a sigh of relief as she holds her beating heart.

I look at her outfit and shes in a cute strapless tie dye cropped sweater that molds to her body and not to mention it doesn't show her cleavage so i dont have to fight off any fuckers tonight. She wears a waist heart chain and it adds to the look. Shes in wide mom jeans with rips at the knee caps. And her suprisingly new black and white chucks. Her hair falls right under hear boobs . Two small pigtails are tied infront and makes her look all childlike. She could easily pass right now for an 18 year old. I nod at her outfit.

"You look amazing !" I gush and she lets out a small smile. She has no makeup on. Just lipgloss. I walk towards her.

"Do you really think so? I dont think my arms we're made for this outfit" she looks down at her outfit and i scowl

"Bullshit. You look fucking perfect" i say and hold up the concealer. She lets out a huge grin and hugs me "thank you" i chuckle as i nod. She steps away from me as i start to apply on her arms.

"You remember what we went over right?" My eyes stay trained on her arms . She lets out a huff "yesss ,you did make me go over it a hundred times "

I shake my head "sometimes i forgot you're 15" she lets out a gasp and i chuckle. She tells me about how shes excited about her first party and when i ask her did her parents ever let her go out she stiffened and changed the subject like always. Which i respected. It was her business. And if she wanted to talk . I know she'd come straight to me. Im done applying to her arms. She smiles at her clear smooth arms and looks up at me . Seeming to see my face her grin fades and a star struck look fills her face. I furrow my eyebrows as i look down at my pajamas .