chapter sixteen.

-Estella romano.

I don't remember when i pushed open the bathroom door, or when i fell to my knees at the bathroom sink . Or when i tried to regain myself. I could feel my heart racing by every second that passed . My palms were sweaty as i put them on the cold ground trying to bring some frigidness to my overheated skin.

He'll tell everyone.

"No..." i whisper as i try to catch my breath. I look at my surroundings. Everythings a blur. I stand up with shaky legs as i lean over the bathroom sink. I open the tap and put my hands under the cold flowing water. I pat my cheeks as i try to bring my flowing blood back. I let out small breaths as i try to contain them. I think i sat there for five mintues until i felt my vision clearing , my heart stopped racing and my hands weren't shaken up that much.

I sigh as i stand up...jesus . Who was this guy? And it didn't help that he looked like a greek god. The way that smirk ghosted his face , bringing back memories of friday night. I thought it would help to let myself believe that he didn't know me , but ofcourse he did. His gaze pierced me , creating some electric shock i felt from deep into my stomach to my toes. I grab my cellphone and look at the time . Its 7:55 now . Calculus starts in five mintues. If i run i can catch a seat before everyone else.

I look at myself in the mirror as i fix my hair. Im so glad i put on waterproof mascara, cause i would've definitely look like someone who balled their eyes out . I walk on steady feet to the bathroom door . I let out a rigid breath as i open the bathroom door. I push my head out as i look for any people. Some are standing at their lockers and some are standing still where i left april and rory. Speaking of.

I search through the sea of people until i see rory and april talking to my brother and miguel. I furrow my eyebrows as i block out my thoughts.

Right where was i? I walk with my head down to calculus. Just as i step into the class the bell rings signaling everyone will be here in less than a mintue. I walk inside and its empty? No teacher . No students.

Thank god.

I walk to the back of the class as i take a seat right at the window. I put in my airpods as students pile the classroom. I turn my head towards the window as the classroom fills with noise. I wasn't actually listening to music. This was a sign for people to kindly "leave me the fuck alone". Finally the professor walks in and wipes his forehead. He puts his pile of books on his desk as he laughs "Phew ! That was some run ...anyways i take it everyone of you enjoyed your weekend?" Students nod their heads as i block out everyone. Everyone liked professor pallo. Not only did he teach the best Calculus but he also helped me getaway with vandalism in the first week of freshmen year.

A smile ghosts my face as the memory plays through my head. I hear everyone go quiet , as i pay no mind to them. Its too quiet.

"Oh you must be the new student? Zaid gonzales i presume?" Professor pallos voice rings out in the classroom.

My head snaps up as i stiffen. He stands there in all his glory looking bored as hell. I look at everyone as the female population go into immediate hushed whispers . I watch as the male population grimace and try to puff their chests out. Zaid nods and look around the classroom examining everyone with his piercing gaze.

No.
Don't look here.
Too late.

His eyes clash with mine , as that same smirk morphs onto his face. I watch as he straightens his spine and stare straight at me. Time seems to stand still as we hold eye contact, drawing some students attention. I quickly break the connection as i look out the window again . Ignoring his stare.

"Well would you like to introduce yourself mr.gonzales?" i hear professor pallo ask.

Its quiet for a while until his deep voice fills the classroom "zaid" he answers so smoothly, making probably every girl in the classroom ache.