chapter thirty-five.

Estella romano

"Do you you think that when we die? We'll still be able to eat icecream?" the question stops me mid movement from poking my vanilla icecream for the 20th time. I frown as i look up at aprils puzzled expression. Her eyebrows set into a straight line as she has a stare down with her chocolate mint icecream. I purse my lips as i look at rory next to me. She gives me a side eye as she shrugs and i roll my eyes.

"April...honey. We'll be dead" rory speaks from next to me as she takes a huge bite of her candyfloss icecream and i nod along to her statement. Aprils hooded eyes snap up to us and she points her spoon in our direction.

"You do know that the afterlife is real ? Right?"

"I doubt you'd be wanting to take icecream with where you're going. I heard its pretty hot down there" rory bursts out of laughter as i roll my lips in my mouth and try not to laugh at aprils horrid expression. She snaps her attention at me and glares as i hold my hands up in surrender.

"And thats why lias my favorite. I hate you bitches. Wait. Why didnt she come again?" April pouts and i take a small painfully bite of my icecream. The taste of creamy vanilla goodness erupts on my taste buds and i fight the urge to not moan at the delicious taste.

"She had to finish her homework. So she decided to do it at the library at school" i talk with a mouth full.

"I should've joined her" april grumbles like a child as she stabs her icecream and aggressively put it into her mouth as she chews the cold substances like a lunatic. Both rory and i look at her like shes crazy but shes completely oblivious to us staring at her because her eyes are trained on something or someone behind us.

I raise my eyebrows as i look over my shoulder and see a guy that works here behind the counter. He shows off his pearly white straight teeth as he smiles to an old lady and gives her , her change. He has deep blue eyes , with brown hair a straight nose. He looks not too muscular but just right. His arms flex against his white t-shirt that hides behind his apron. An evil smirk covers my face as i turn around back in my seat. I look at april then at rory. April doesn't feel my stare shes too busy gawking at the young version of ian somerholder. And rorys clicking away on her phone as she devours her icecream.

"April"

She doesn't hear me as she chomps away on her icecream.

"April!" I say a bit louder causing her to snap her attention to me as she soon drifts back into reality. Rory too has directed her attention at me.

"I didnt do it!" she blurts out and i furrow my eyebrows as i shake my head.

I lean my head in my hand as i smirk at her using the table to carry the weight of my head. She gulps as she stares at me.

"why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" I feign innocence .

"Like that" she motions with her hands infront of me.

I shrug "The guy behind the counter is a sight for sore eyes" i say as i stab into my icecream and chomp it. I look up at her "Don't you think april?"

Her eyes widen as her cheeks blush. She shrugs as she continues to eat her icecream averting eye contact with me" isn't he rory?" I nudge her and she turns around to look at the guy.

"meh , hes got pretty eyes"

"Right and those arms-

"okay! You've proved your point" april blurts out as she folds her arms like a child.

"Please fill me in on whats happening " rory says as she looks at me and then to my icecream. I look at her empty cup and i roll my eyes at her pout. I take one bite as i push my half eaten icecream in her direction "yes!" She whisper yells as she digs into the icecream.