chapter thirty-seven.

Start from the beginning

"Not if he doesn't find out" she all but pleads and i groan at her puppy dog eyes. Christ , she has beautiful eyes.

"Im with lia on this one. Her brother is too uptight and overprotective. I say she goes with" april says as she jugs on her juice box. I glare at her.

"You're not helping" i groan. As i reach over the table and grab her apple off her plate. She doesn't say anything as she continues to slurp on her juice like a little kid.

"See? Even april agrees" lia gestures to my imbecile friend.

I chuckle "im gonna say this as nice as possible. Do not. And i repeat do not take advice from april"

"Hey! What does that mean. Im good at giving advice. Remember in 8th grade when i told you paul charles liked you?and you gave into my advice"

I scoff "was that after or before i found out that he was gay and that i made a complete fool out of myself by asking him out."

She gives me a sorry smile as rory bursts out of laughter and i glare at her . She raises her hands in defense "what? It was funny"

I ignore them as i turn towards lia whose watching me with a hopeful expression "as i was saying...lia...you're brother will kill me and you if its possible. I dont think its a-

"He wont be home" he blurts.

"Okay? Then where will he be?" I raise an eyebrow. She nervously plays with her fingers as she looks between the three of us. We wait for her to answer. Even april has stopped jugging her juice box and turned her attention to lia. Lia caves and throws her hands up in the air and groans "he'll be out of town okay? Far away. Doesn't matter where he's going. You'll be able to get me in and out of the house. Besides he was planning on asking if i could stay over at your place. Thats good right?" She nods to her statement and i furrow my eyebrows.

"Wait , he did?"

She nods quickly "yes he did , he said and i quote "i trust her more than i trust some stranger to look after you" like im some fucking 10 year old" she huffs.

Red tints my ears and cheeks at the declaration and gulp as i look at rory and april. They're both grinning from ear to ear.

"What ever you guys are thinking.  Dont" i warn.

They raise they're hands in surrender as i turn towards lia as i sigh "and we'll only stay two hours okay?"

She squeals as she hugs me and i suck in a deep breathe as she squeezes the living daylights out of me.

"I promise to be on my best behavior " she puts on hand on her heart and raises the other. I nod "thats what i expect to happen"

"We'll dance all night little corndog. You won't regret it. And i won't even drink" april says as she dances against rory and rory grumbles as she types away furiously on her phone . Yikes

Lia chuckles as she nods excitedly. We go on about talking . Lia learns us a few words in spanish. And i found out what the term "hermosa" means . Its means beautiful. I hated the flutters that erupted in my chest until i couldn't breathe. I didn't feel his presence at all. And when i asked lia about it . She said he had hockey practice. A weight lifted off my chest when i found out he didnt actually leave me because he felt like it. He left because of practice. That explains why he and my brother were nowhere to be seen the mintue i woke up. I even managed to walk pass ashleys room without breaking her door down and throwing her out of her window. I hated the fact that she was right down the hall from me. Breathing the same air as i do. Its like shes taking my life all over again.

We're in the midst of laughing when lia stiffens next to me. A wave of concern flashes through me as i turn to her "lia...you okay?" She doesn't say anything as she averts her gaze quickly from behind her and down to her lap. She plays with her fingers in her lap as i touch her shoulder "lia" i whisper.