CHAPTER 24

Freen's POV

I was stunned at what Becky said at dinner. She said that we're getting married. I never thought she would say those words.

Flash back

I picked her up at exactly 6 pm. She was stunning wearing a simple dress.

As we go inside the restaurant I hold her waist. People are looking at her. I was a little pissed off.

But what can I do? I have a beautiful "girlfriend" here. Fake or not she's really beautiful tonight.

Far from here I can see my mom looking at us with her sharp eyes.

"Good evening aunt" Becky said as we reached the table.

Everyone in the table look at us. They were gossiping about what was going on.

"Who's that lady?" Someone said

My mom stood up and pointed her fingers at me. She's really mad right now.

"You really don't know how to respect me! You even bring her here in the dinner?!" She said

"I told you mom stop messing with my life. She's my girlfriend stop pairing me with others!" I said seriously in front of her. I'm controlling myself to raise voice at her. She's still my mom.

"What's the meaning of this Carmela? I thought we have agreed that our children will be engaged" one of the woman in the table said

So this is what the dinner about?. She made a deal but not just a simple deal but an engagement one?

"I'm sorry ma'am buy me and freen is getting married. So this engagement dinner is over" Becky said which makes me stunned for a minute.

She even Raise her fingers. Portraying she's wearing a engagement ring? Where did she even get that ring?

"We're getting married aunt with or without your blessing. Oh by the way you're all invited" she said then pulled me out of the restaurant.

Everyone was speechless..even me..

We're both quiet as we ride the car. I still can't believe it..

"Freen"

"Becky.."

Which makes both of us laugh..

"Okay you go first Becky" I said

"Ahmm.. I'm sorry if I said that infront of them. It just that I can't stand you mom anymore that's the only way I can see that will make her pissed" she said

Well she don't have to apologize. It's a good thing for me. Just like I promise when we were young.

"It's fine Becky. I was very surprised that you said it infront of them too but I guess mom will stop messing around. But I wonder where did you get that ring?" I asked curiously

"It's from my mom. She gave it to me and she said that when it fits to me I can wear it and see it really fits on me!" She said

I thought it was from someone I'm really considering buying her another one but since it's from her mom I just let it.

"Oh okay. But you know the consequences of what you say Becky? We need to play along until mom stop and give up. I she won't give up easily. So expect the unexpected" I said teasing her

But seriously were not just pretending here. It's way more serious. I hope I can gather myself and just ask her to make everything real but then her dad recently died.

I drove us in a milktea shop. I bought the best flavor they serve. I give it her.

She gladly accept the milktea. Her eyes even shine so she loves milktea?

"We should get married soon" I said making her choked and cough. I tap her back calming her.

"Be careful Becky" I Said worriedly

"What.. did you.. said?" She asked

"Be ready cause you're soon to be Ms. Chankimha's bride baby" I said teasing her more making her blush.

And then I started driving again operation make her fall in love with me starts!

Flash back ends

I was cut in my thoughts when someone message me. It's my mom.

"I warned you already maybe that's not enough. Expect more freen. You end up crying in front of me" she said

Another text came in it's the investigator.

"We got some lead about Mr Armstrong's case"

****************

Thanks for reading this chapter ✨

Photos are not mine giving the credits to the rightful owner