CHAPTER 9

Freen's POV

I slept late yesterday. I have to review all concerns for the board meeting of the directors in the university.

Dad is on a business trip now. He's taking care of the company as of now so I have assigned to present him today at the meeting.

I woke up early to prepare things. Everything should be in good terms.

Especially mom will be there. Yeah my mom. When her and dad still in good terms we sometimes visit our rest house in Palawan.

Our house there is near to uncle Isaac's resort. Just one boat. I need to act accordingly specially when she's here.

She always want everything to be perfect. That's why she and dad separated.

She brought me with her in US. And then dad just visits me.

I fixed myself and wear my coat. I need to be presentable later.

Looking in the mirror I can notice that I really haven't got a good sleep.

I drive myself into the university and directly go to the conference room.

Everyone stand as I go in except mom. I can feel her looking at me like digging my soul.

I motioned them to sit then everyone sat.

"Good day everyone in behalf of my father I will join you for this meeting. I have prepared the list of problems that our school facing" I said

We started the meeting. It all went right. But now can see mom still not satisfied.

She keep asking and finding me in a dead end. Luckily I can answer all her questions.

After that the meeting was done. Everyone was about to leave when dad secretary came in and whispered on me.

"Ma'am I'm sorry to bother you but ms Armstrong is in the infirmary. We try to reach her dad but he doesn't picked up" he said

What?.

What did happen why is she in the infirmary.

I then quickly got up. Mom saw me and I saw her was about to go to me but I had go out of the meeting room.

I'm a little bit worried about that lady. So as soon as I entered the infirmary I found her. She's sleeping looking pale.

I see the doctor of the university in the side.

"Oh miss chankimha do you know miss Armstrong?" He asked confused

I didn't answer his questions instead I asked what happened

"What happened to her?" I asked

"She's having a high fever miss. According to her prof she collapsed inside the room." He said

I then nodded and go to her again. I sit beside her.

What's wrong with this lady? Burning in fever but still attend classes.

I touch her forehead. She's really having a fever. I should take her home.

But she's still sleeping I should wait until she wake up.

Due to tiredness I have fall asleep too. In the chair while my head is in the side of her bed.

Hours later..

I woke up cause I feel like someone is looking at me. I opened my eyes and I see her looking at me.

It feels like I have seen that eyes before. Our eyes locked for a minute until the doctor speaks.

"Oh ms Armstrong you're already awaken. How do you feel?" He said

"I feel fine doctor" she said which makes me irritated. Like she's not feeling okay and she say that she's fine really?

"Your fever is high. I advised you to go home" the doctor said

"No doc I'm fine I can manage" she said being stubborn she was about to stand up so I hold her hand. I motioned the doctor to leave us.

"Where do you think your going?" I said I never knew she will be this stubborn.

"I will go back to class miss. And if Dont have any business with me let me go" she said firmly but that stubborness won't work to me lady.

"No. You will go home now." I said

"Excuse me miss. Your not my real girlfriend why so concerned? I can manage so let me go!" She said

Seriously I have to blackmail her then

"No I will take you home now or I call uncle Isaac?" I said

In the end she end up going home. I drive her home. I didn't asked her about the address since I know her address when I checked her data in dad's office.

I help her go upstairs in her room. I left her for a minute cause I will asked for the maid to prepare a basin and a towel for her.

I will also cook a porridge for her so she can take her medicines.

Minutes later I came back. I see her resting but still awake.

"I gonna feed you Becky and drink this medicine stop being stubborn for now please" I said in a tiring voice. I'm really tired I haven't sleep enough

Luckily she listened and eat the porridge and drink the medicine.

I touch her forehead still she has a fever. So I give her the medicine the maid gave.

I noticed that it wasn't a simple medicine. Its a rare medicine..so why she drink this?

Anyway what important is her to get well soon. I had also wipe her arms and then put the towel in her forehead.

Later on she's now sleeping like a baby.

I then decided to go out her room. Going downstairs I see uncle who look worried.

He saw me going down.

"Oh freen thanks for looking for becky. I haven't answered the school calls earlier" he said

"No worries uncle she's my girlfriend" I said

Yeah my girlfriend by force..

************

Thanks for reading this chapter ✨

Photos are not mine giving the credits to the rightful owner