CHAPTER 28

Winston Mill

He was pouting while he played around with my fingers and I loved every minute of it.

"I mean, I get it, you know, she was hurt, Carl was very abusive, it was," he shivered and gave a long blink before shaking his head, "it was horrifying, but to give up a baby? I'm not judging, okay, I'm just worried, like, she doesn't even know these people and she just, gave it to them."

"Would you rather she gave it to you?"

Theodore blinked and turned his head to me, his eyes scanning my face while I stared down at him completely content to just lay here until the end of time.

"Well, maybe? Yes? I don't know." He huffed and sat up then, hoping off the bed and pacing. "Isabella just....I don't even know, this kids going to grow up knowing what? Like, she arrived there yesterday, Winston, yesterday and like, that's literally no time. Do they know what to say if this kid asks questions? What if they wanna find Isabella? She didn't even leave an address." I sat up and watched Theodore walk up and down, turning to me every now and again, raising his hands in obvious frustration.

"Why do you care about her?" I asked with a slight tilt of my head and he paused, blinking as he stared out his window and inhaled deeply. "From what you told me, you two don't even really know each other."

I recalled how he had filled me in, how Isabella was brought to Creek Mountain pack by Carl on one random rainy night, threw her down to the ground and told everyone how he had found his mate and nobody was allowed to talk to, look at, smell or touch her. How their first conversation was Isabella asking Theodore to shut up and leave her alone after she had spent the night being abused physically and verbally. They barely spoke, but when they did, he found out bits and pieces about her, like how she was an only child, her parents were lecturers and had a knack for hunting deer so she knew her way around a gun. How she had been studying to be an engineer and how she had always hoped she'd fall inlove and be a housewife.

"She's just...a good person." Theodore frowned and stepped closer to the window. "She'd never hurt a fly, she was... innocent." I stood then and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, that it didn't turn out the way you'd have hoped."

"Do you think the kid will be okay though?" We both looked down to see a few members out and about.

"From what you described, I think so...besides, I doubt Elijah would have allowed you guys to leave the kid behind if he had even an inkling that things were bad there."

"You have a point." His hand rubbed against mine that were fixed around his waist. "Do you know what happened with Carrin?" He asked in a whisper turning to me in my arms.

"Only that the dad wasn't so glad she exists, a possible stain to his legacy and such."

"That's rough."

"Donovan's pissed. They'll be lucky he doesn't storm over there and beat the man half to death."

"They probably should." I reared my head with a small smile.

"Someone feeling murderous." The colour that spread over his face was one worth a lifetime as he slapped me lightly on my chest.

"That's not what I meant." I picked him up and he laughed then.

"Oh, and what did you mean?" I brought him back to his bed, laying him down and settling my weight on him, kissing him softly on his forehead, cheeks and nose as he chuckled.