CHAPTER 24

Winston Mill

I was glaring at nothing, my hand firmly wrapped around Theodore's as he slept in the infirmary. His scent was the only thing keeping me in place, saving me from storming out to go hunt the bastard.

Carl would die by my hand, no questions asked.

"How did this even happen? Do I even want to ask how he found us or why?" Elijah was yelling in anger, pacing.

"He's obviously been watching us, how else?"

"What does he want though? His Alpha lost the battle, their pack doesn't even exist anymore because of it."

"Sounds like reason enough if you ask me." Arson mumbled lowly with a sigh.

I could barely hear them as I closed my eyes and began praying to the moon goddess to give me my mate, while the doctor reassured me that he'd be okay, the fact that he hadn't woken up yet caused great pangs to hit my chest periodically.

Please, Theodore, please wake up.

"We can't let this go." Elijah seethed.

"We have all skilled hunters looking for him. He won't get away with this." Donovan assured him and all I could do was hope my mate woke up soon so I could join the hunting party and make sure Carl's death was slow and painful.

"It won't be easy though..." Arson muttered, "he definitely knows the council wants him, he's expecting us to track him."

"I don't care, I want him dead either way." I finally said stunning everyone into silence and then I stood turning to them. "When you find him, I get his head."

Arson held my gaze and tilted his head before he gave me a small barely noticeable nod.

"Winston?" I turned fast, falling onto my knees and grabbing his hand. I held it between my own, Theodore blinked slowly, looking around and groaning.

"I'm here...I'm here," I kissed his knuckles and his head turned towards me and he reached his other hand to me, his finger tips lightly grazing my cheek.

"Thank you..." He said as a tear fell down his cheek and his eyes closed and his whole face pinched together. "Thank you so much."

My eyes burned and I closed them, touching my temple to his knuckles.

"Theodore?" Elijah whispered lowly. "How're you feeling?"

"Thankful." He chuckled lightly and reached for his head.

"Careful." I warned with a frown as he touched my wrist and offered me a soft smile.

"What happened?" Arson pressed sounding urgent while I growled because he needed to rest, he shouldn't be expected to say much of anything, especially because we all knew who did this.

Theodore slipped his hand into mine and squeezed while he gave me a reasuring smile, then he groaned while trying to sit up and I narrowed my eyes at him but he just waved a hand at that look.

"Well, I went to the bathroom," he said it like it was supposed to be obvious and Arson glared. "Before I could even use it he grabbed me, well, slammed me into the wall, he just kept asking 'where is he?' and..." He sighed, his shoulders falling slightly. "That's it, mostly."