CHAPTER 3

Theodore Hault

There was a ringing in my ear that I couldn't shake even as the sound of the warm water rushed all over me. My senses could barely tell how long I'd been under the spray of the shower rain, I could barely tell if the temperature had even changed.

My thoughts swam around him, the man with dark shoulder hair and bright almost mischievous blue eyes. The silver light around him, an aura of power, magic, another one just like me. I swallowed recalling his startled gaze when I touched him, when I begged him to help me. What had even come over me? How did I even manage to completely forget myself? My company?

It was then that I became more aware of myself. It was only days ago that Carl and Jeffery joined Isabella and I's torment, had humiliated the both of us the day right after by displaying us infront of the pack, letting them poke at us in whatever way they felt most amusing, days ago when I had begged to be let out, to see the outside even if it would have been the last.

Jeffery had only taken me out of this pack house because he was due for a meeting with someone, he'd kept me in his sight until the moment I laid my gaze on the other witch, I knew I'd seen before, back when I had been nothing more than Theodore Hault, adopted son to Norman and Zhila Hault, of the Creek mountains pack. Back when I had been nothing more than a boyfriend to Jeffery and not a husband...a destined mate. Back when I had been happy in my delusion. Seeing that man again, something in me had felt desperate this time and that's why I had made a mistake, however, one thing was for sure.

I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. I breathed deeply, going to the mirror to see my reflection. I blinked at my brightly grey eyes, they were so bright, so clearly grey that sometimes it was as though they were transparent, like one could see right through them into nothing. The bulky, symbol drawn collar clung to my neck and I swallowed unable to ignore it. My chest and torso was struck with old and new wounds, claws that had even dug into my flesh on my wedding night, I traced my finger over the one on my hip, to those of just a few days, I traced my finger over the one that ran clean through my nipple.

The clear, mischievous blue eyes flashed in my mind again. I stared at my hands for a moment. I had touched him, I had felt him. I turned my hands over, staring and recalling the strong burst of energy that flowed right into me. Had he felt it too? Had it...changed him?

I thought of water, of the freedom it seemed to embody, I thought back to the days I would feel it flowing through the earth, deep within like a never ending pool, a party it hosted all on its own as it flowed through everything that lived.

The space between my palms rippled weakly, I felt a familiar feeling in my stomach, like it was being poked, moved around purposefully. The ripple swirled, a small barely noticeable droplet twirled around between my fingers and my head began to pound, everything in me began to prickle uncomfortably and I groaned, crumbling to my feet, the room already was steamy and I felt like I could barely breathe. I crawled towards to door and opened it.

The cool breeze hit me and relief flooded me. I had felt it, briefly and with so much of a struggle, but the tug of magic, of my power, a sprinkle of it, but it was there. I wasn't sure how, but I knew it then, the mysterious blue eyed man was my answer, it was because of him that I could even attempt what I had just done. His touch, his...magic? Was that it? Had his power, his aura done something to the collar?

I needed to see him again, but how?

"You sure took your time." I blinked and swallowed, focusing then to see Jeffery seated on the bed, his face a picture of calm rage. I swallowed and sat up, the door in my hand, I was on the floor, leaning on the door frame. I needed to close it. I need- "what you pulled today," he stood then and as much as he was across the room, I found myself instinctually flinching. "Explain."