Prequel✓

Narrator

The crisp cool air bit at Theodore's fair skin and his long white hair fluttered into his eyes as he squinted, his heart hammered so loudly against his ribcage he could barely breathe.

"Please." Theodore whimpered, the burning in his eyes blinding him as well until he blinked furiously, his hands fists at his side.

"Theo..." The man stared at Theodore with earnest love, his eyes shining as he held onto the hand wrapped around his neck, his whole body threatening to fall from the edge.

Theodore could barely think, his mind playing the inevitable over and over again like a broken record. It didn't help that another voice, another presence rendered him weak.

Do nothing. Her voice was clear and it echoed, it's grip on Theodore unwavering.

Theodore crumbled to the ground against his will, weakened by the pain wrapping around him. Theodore stared numbly towards the strange man whose grip was unwavering against Theodore's mates neck, the strange man smirked with so much hostility in their bright green eyes Theodore could barely stomach it. Theodore didn't seem to even understand how it got to this point, how he had allowed this to get so wrong.

"T-take me instead," Theodore murmured, his voice cracking, his tone mournful as he brought his hands together, begging the stranger who held onto his mate. The stranger tilted his head and smirked.

"I will. After I deal with him." The stranger promised looking back at Theodore's mate who only looked at Theodore with a soft almost hollow smile.

"It's okay." The mate said, blinking and a stray tear falling down their face. "It's going to be okay." His mate whispered as though making a promise.

The two had only known one another for five days, five whole days, they barely had time, barely learned one another, felt one another and all too soon it was taken.

Theodore felt the tug in his stomach as it set into him how short a time he'd been given with the man whom he'd never even believed would come to exist. His eyes wide and a fury burning up in him he raised his hand, ready to save his soulmate, fearing the loss, the pain that would be left behind if he couldn't, fearing... he'd be just like his best friend.

It was then that her invisible hold tightened on him and Theodore could have sworn that literal invisible hands wrapped around his throat, he could barely breathe and he gasped, his head thrown back as he raised his hand in his mates direction, ready to try everything he could to save the man from this fate, determined and blinking away his tears.

I said NO! Then she was there and Theodore's eyes were wide as the dark onyx stared into his soul, fuming and unrelenting. You all abide by MY laws, you do as I say!

"Please." Theodore choked, feeling whatever connection he had to magic blur, the familiar buzz he usually feels no matter where he was, was fading away and as he looked away from Fate herself, he saw as the stranger laughed and finally let go. He watched as his mate disappeared downward off the ledge and his breathe held fast.

It was as though the world went quiet all at once and he felt frozen in Fates deathly grip and he heard it, he heard as the body collided with the dry rocky ground, the bouncing thub was dull and it set in stone what his mind refused to believe.