Coriolanus | 13

After the party, ending sharply at 2am, shortly after Ambrose was escorted out, I spread out on the guest bed with my back against the wall, sitting up. I stare out at nothing with a throbbing head and blurry vision not knowing if its from the fall and punch to my face or the dancing and drinking. I'm sweating still, even with the window open, wearing only my undergarments, unable to cool down. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, this club is fucking amazing.

There's a soft knock at my door, I don't even bother to answer, unable to break my stare as the door slowly opens. Long olive tinted legs walk in filling the room with a scent of roses and cigarettes. I lazily turn my head admiring the prettiest woman I've ever seen. She wear a deep red slip nightgown with a thin robe draped over her shoulders. Her hair still pinned back, but all the makeup cleared off leaving a beautiful blank canvas.

"How are you feeling Coryo?" She whispers, concern written all over her face, as if scared to interrupt my thoughts still standing in the doorway. "I had just had a smoke outside and I couldn't stop thinking about what you did for me." She holds two glasses 1 quarter of the way filled with anything but water if I could bet.

"Come in," I reply as if giving a delayed answer from the knock at the door. "I'm still happy from the alcohol I believe, but the pain is starting to spread in my face." I let out a throaty chuckle. She gives me a quick, pity smile before crossing the room to sit next to me on the bed. I tuck my legs to my chest giving her more room.

"I never expected you to do anything like that. I mean Coriolanus, we don't know a thing about each other now that we've grown. Why'd you sacrifice yourself like that?" She whispers, her eyes searching for the answer on my face, wearing that same look of concern still.

"Des, if you knew how much Tigris idolizes you, and the amount of gratitude she has for you, you'd know that there isn't much I don't know about you," I admit avoiding eye contact as if I'm tattling on my cousin. "You give so much to her, and unknowingly, my family, that we all wish to know everything about you." I take a chance to meet her glossy green cat-like shaped eyes. They instantly hold me captive as the rest of her features soften.

"You still didn't need to do that, you don't owe me anything," She shakes her head reaching for my hand.

"I never said I owed you, I just acted in a way I felt was right to help an," I pause watching her hand wrap around mind, trying to say the right word, "an acquaintance."

Her eyes snap up at mine narrowing, "Acquaintance? You and I? Is that what we're labeling it as?" She laughs, taking a sip from her glass, grimacing after.

"well I mean, you yourself said you needed me because you felt lonely and we were both drunk and we've only talked on a few occasions prior to yesterday, recently. So I don't know what you'd want to call us. You had just gotten out of a relationship, but I didn't want to friend zone you either," I ramble trying to find the words to say, but none of them come out right.

I watch as her hand retreats from mine closing her robe tightly around her, "I see. So a one night stand?" She asks.

I turn to sit in front of her mirroring the way she sits on the bed chugging the drink she gave me earlier, "Mercedes, you are the most vibrant, breathtaking woman I had ever laid eyes on, I'm trying to be as respectful as I can, when I say, I would love to get to know you personally and sexually if you'd allow me. These past two night have been the most fun I've had ever." I allow a smile to spread across my face as I watch her eyes light up at my words.

"Now that's just the alcohol talking Mr. Snow," She grabs at my hand again, examining the broken skin on my knuckles playfully smirking.

"Maybe, maybe not," I shrug intertwining our fingers. She finishes the rest of her glass setting both of them on the bedside table scooting closer to me on the bed, never breaking eye contact. I untangle her hand from mine and and pull her legs on either side of mine, setting her on my lap as I push myself sitting back against the wall as I was before she entered. She wraps her legs fully around my abdomen intertwining them around my back as if she were a koala.

"Your cousin would simply pass away if she opened this door," She lets out a laugh, covering her mouth right after. "This is insane."

"We don't need to think about that," I smirk playing with the bounciness of her curls and we just sit there admiring each other as if tonight was the last night we'd see each other. It's not eager and a hungry race to the finish line as it were the night before, but slow and light.

She leans forward planting a full kiss to my lips shifting the position of her legs so they're bent under her and she's straddling my hips not chancing disconnecting out lips. When she pulls away a sad smile remains on her face, "Coriolanus Snow, we can't live in this imaginary perfect scenario forever."

"What do you mean?" I ask, questioning her serious tone, allowing my hands to explore her hips and the many curves of her body.

"You are so young and ignorant still. Just wait till you see what this world will do to you," She speaks softly cupping my face in her hands. What's that supposed to mean?

Before I can open my mouth to question, she plants another deep kiss to my lips and leans away climbing off of me leaving the lingering taste of smoke on my lips and a heavy heart.