CHAPTER TWENTY NINE- On our way

Let's be so for real. I couldn't let Anakin do this by himself. He had the mind of a psychotic toddler, one who was unable to regulate or register anything other than the height of all emotions. Mostly pure rage or unbridled sass. He was a walking ball of sin that I secretly wanted to kick.

As one of my best friends, even after that whole situation last night, I cared for him. Maybe even loved him. But he was a Jedi and so was I. That was something neither of us could give up. I didn't speak to Anakin. To be honest when you think about it, he NEEDED me to come with him. We came to Naboo on MY spaceship. How the hell did he plan on leaving? I hope not on the Leviathan.

I sat with my arms crossed in the cockpit for hours, knowing at any given time Anakin and Padme would climb aboard. He knew we couldn't leave Padme alone when an assassin was literally trying to kill her. Thats not exactly something that should be taken lightly. Much less from Jedi who were already breaking rules like we were, though luckily to small degrees.

When Anakin climbed into the passenger seat, I telling Gage the Coordinations while trying his best not to speak to me unless he has to, only exchanging your typical nods of gratitude or small words of kindness. Thank yous, hellos, excuse me's, all those good ones. He was upset with me, that much was clear though. I was glad he was being a degree more rational today compared to other days.

"Master Ella, you have an I coming call from Lulu." Gage's robotic voice said, "Would you like me to transfer him or ask him to leave a message?"

As if I could send that kid to voice mail.

"Transfer please." I sighed, tapping my watch and stepping out into the hall as a small hologram of the Youngling appeared hovering over my wrist, "Hello, Lu." I greeted.

"Greetings master." The blue skinned Chiss boy nodded in return, "Guess what!?"

I chuckled softly, "What is it?" I quickly conceited.

"I finish my trials later today, meaning in a few weeks I'll graduate to Padawan!" He explained excitedly, the Joy clearly shown on his face as he tried not to jump up and down. Like any kid his age he was desperate to appear older than he was, trying endlessly to leave behind a childhood he wasn't even aware he was living. He was so focused on growing up that he was forgetting to be a child, but then again we'd all been there. Anakin and myself of course.

Not exactly sure if Obi-Wan and Mace Windu went through the same, but I like to think so.

"That's wonderful, Lu. I am certain that you will make a wonderful Padawan." I beamed, taking particular joy in his excitement.

"I'm going to be assigned a master soon! My test is today. I'll be taking it in the temple, which means you won't meet my master right away." Lu explained as if it were a great tragedy.

"I'm sure I'll be able to meet them upon my return. Unless of course the council gives me yet another mission, then I won't be able to help it. You understand, right?" I smiled as I tilted my head, gazing at the hologram and wishing I could in fact be there for him. But then again work was work, and I was also a Padawan myself.

"Yes, master. I understand. But I'm certain this won't be a problem. I am very certain I will pass my test." Lu assured with an enthusiastic smile.

"I'm confident that you will too. You have grown into a wonderful and strong youngling." I replied, truly meaning what I said.

The Youngling gave a small bow, "Thank you, master. This means a great deal to me." He replied, clearly feeling pleased to hear my words of kindness and praise.

"Anytime kid, now is that all you needed? A little bit of listening and praise? Or was there something else you needed to tell me?" I asked with a cock of my brow, crossing my arms and resisting the urge to yawn. Still tired because of all that I went through the night before.