CHAPTER ELEVEN- Bonding without violence

Anakin stared at me the entire ride home, seemingly bewildered by my previous actions on Arcadia. I indeed had a family living wealthy lives, but I wasn't apart of it. I was no longer in line for their throne, nor a applicant for the role as princess, queen, or senator. The Mace Windu came and picked me up, I was no longer considered a royal member of the Nanite family dynasty. I was Vaesella the Padawan.

"You seemed so serious." Anakin fawned, "I mean seriously, that's impressive, even to me."

Gage made a wiring clicking sound with his inner gears, "Master Ella has never failed a mission, she's truly an essence of perfection." He praised, steering the ship gently through hyperspace, "She takes all matters of strategy to heart. Though sometimes the strategy she chooses is in human terms 'a long shot' or however it's told." The black sleek robot churned, his voice deep as per usual.

I chuckled, "My father has had gambling issues ever since he found out the true worth of Kahlõ crystals. I knew if we wanted any hope of defeating the separatists we otta' arm ourselves and our troops."

Gage tsked his imaginary tongue, "Ah, ah, ah. Master Ella, the way of the Jedi isn't about the battles you face with strength, but the ones you honor wit." The companion droid chirped, reminding me of the words Master Windu often trained into my skull.

"Well I think you were awesome." Anakin grinned.

I sighed and quirked an eyebrow, "Thank you." I irrecoverably huffed, ignoring the cheekiness in the young Padawans voice.

"You're very welcome." He marveled, eating some various space snacks which he packed in his to-go bag. Anakin always seemed to have his mind on collecting and retaining resources, I had noticed in my years with him. He knew vaguely stuffed about my last, more after this last mission, but I knew very little about him.

I knew he once lived on a dry desert planet in the outer rim. I knew he lived with a single mother. I even know he built a protocol droid from scratch to help his mother with some form of work, though what I'm not entirely sure about.

"I'm still very impatient, and I repeatedly talk more than I should. Master Windu thinks it's going to get me in trouble one day...." I stated, not sadly, but not quite excitedly.

"He's crazy." Anakin huffed, "What you did back there saved the council's ass! They should be thanking you." He assured me sternly, spinning a bit in his chair as if it would calm his nerves. In a similar fashion, my left knee bounced rapidly.

Fast forward the ride through the vast and open universe, Anakin, Gage, and I eventually made it all the back to the glittering city of Coruscant. The Leviathan landed pristinely on the landing pad, Gage rushing to begin his typical break down and deep clean of my favorite and treasured ship.

The Leviathan was a birthday gift of Master Windu. I praised this ship more than the force that animates me. It's troublesome to say, but I truly felt it.

Anakin stomped along side me. His strides powerful and confident.

I nudged his shoulder, "Geez, Ani. You look like you wanna kill some." I reached up towards my face and made my fingers draw an imaginary smiley face cross my lips, "Turn that scowl upside down!"

"That's not the saying." Anakin teased.

"Close enough!" I swatted.

Anakin was a ball of energy that never seemed to quit. He always had something to say or do, and his eagerness and passion for life had a habit of rubbing off on me. The walk from the ramp to the Jedi Council chambers was a long one, and the two of us chatted about practically everything under the twin Suns. As usual, he was quick to tease and even quicker to smile.