CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE- Biscuits and Tea

"Come on princess, wake up." Anakin huffed, nudging me and clearly trying to get me up and going. The bed was so warm, I loved warm things, since I was almost always somewhat chilly. I could lay down forever. Though I knew today wasn't the day to argue with Anakin. We had business to attend to and a senator to protect. He sighed, shaking my shoulder, "Nanite, you're actually a child."

I didn't even open my eyes, "Die, Skywalker."

"There's the Vaesella Nanite I know and praise." He snorted, rolling his eyes and taking a few steps away from my bed, "Padme wants us to meet her in the garden for breakfast and tea."

My face was still planted in my pillow, so my words were muffled a bit, "Wgho wantggs tea fhm breakfahgts." I croned, my sentence sounding vaguely like what I meant to say. That being 'Who wants tea' for breakfast. It was an honest question.

Anakin shrugged, understanding me instantly as if he were a protocol droid, "Naboolians I guess." He muttered, crossing his arms criticaly, "Now come on, Princess we don't have all day."

Reluctantly I sat up and ran my hands across my head, brushing back and frizz or average bed-head situations. I crossed one pale leg over the other and sighed softly, holding my cheek up with my fist, "I hate when you call me Princess, Anakin." I reminded, giving him a quirked brow.

"Kinda why I do it." He said smugly, squinting at me momentarily. He nodded, knowing my words to be true. Let's be truthful with ourselves this time, he was only calling me Princess because he knew it was the only sure fire way to annoy me. He'd been doing it ever since we were little and he learned whispers of my past.

"What would you rather me call you?" He smiled, tilting his head, "Ella? Vaesella? Vae? Pick your poison."

I thought for a moment, then nodded, "Ella, that one." I nodded twice, feeling relieved and happy that he was willing to compromise and use a name that wasn't Princess. It was something small, but it meant a lot to me. Anakin nodded as well, understanding my feelings on the matter. We had known each other for years, and he always understood me, as I understood him. Our bond was deep and inconvenient, but we enjoyed our time together nevertheless.

Slowly but surely I rose from my feet and walked to the bathroom after getting my clothes for the day, changing out of my Pajamas and scrunching my face as I felt a freezing breeze dance over my legs. It was too damn early for this. The sun had barely risen.

"Ella? Really?" Anakin persisted crossing his arms as he followed me to the door, leaning against the wall while I went inside, "Out of all the names you like that one?"

I nodded despite being unable to see him through the door, undressing before slipping into my Jedi robes and wraps. I was a big fan of wrapping my wrists, ankles, and chest before going out, feeling as though it helped with my mobility. Given I had larger breasts when not kept in check. I sighed, finally giving in and answering Anakin's question, " Ani, absolutely anything would be better than princess. Literally anything." I laughed, shaking my curly ringlets.

Anakin laughed, enjoying my playful attitude, "Ella it is. Though I must admit, I find nothing wrong with the name Princess. It seems quite fitting to me." I couldn't see his face, but I could hear the smirk in his voice. I rolled my eyes, "Of course you do." I agreed, "But you also wouldn't be happy if I called you Prince."

"Prince?" He repeated, seemingly fondly, "I prefer King Anakin."

"You have no royal bonds." I reminded cheekily, to which he smirked.

"Neither do you." Anakin laughed

"Touché," I chuckled. I smiled to myself, imagining what the scene looked like from outside the bathroom. Anakin leaning against the wall, grinning and teasing me. I wished I could see his face better but at least I could imagine it.