CHAPTER FIFTEEN- Efficiency concept

I awoke to the sound of snoring and a comforting compression that I wasn't used to. When my eyes opened for the first time that morning, I came face to face---or should I say face to chest, with my good friend Anakin Skywalker. Reality slowly set in and I groaned aloud, pushing my cheek off his shirt clad chest and rubbed my eyes.

I nudged the man awake, not mentioning anything about our previous sleeping arrangements. It was kinda terrifying how much Anakin could sleep through if he wanted. The cheeky man scrunched up his face as he sat up, ruffling his loose curls by shaking his head.

I yawned, "You fell asleep first." I muttered.

"What?" He asked with closed eyes, "No I did not."

"You snore like a wookie, you know that?" I teased, "No way I was out before you were."

Anakin gave me an unamused look, his eyes still closed but his mouth curling into a faint smile.

"Your snoring could wake the dead." I teased, which was honestly not an exaggeration.

He was just too adorable for his own good, and before I knew it, I found myself reaching a hand over to push some of the hair out of his eyes, smiling softly to myself, "I only snore when I'm sleeping well." He argued, swatting at my hand, "If I stop snoring be concerned."

"Well, how am I meant to sleep then?" I asked, laughing softly , "With your damn snoring blaring away? That's not happening."

Anakin scrunched up his face in thought, then replied, "I'm sorry. I really can't control it."

"I know... but it sounds like a damn rancor." I teased, but my tone was gentle and sympathetic, "So what's your plans today. I work with the younglings today with Master Windu." I explained, knowing we had different activities for the day.

Anakin rolled his eyes before he said, "As if you need to remind me about work." He assured himself, then showing a grin, "I have basic training duty today, so I'll be doing that."

"Oh God, poor padawan." I sighed in fake sympathy, "I'll be sure to send my condolences while you do the same thing you do on your day off while on duty." I was trying to suppress a smirk at the man.

"You can make fun of me all you like, but at least I'm not teaching younglings today." Anakin said, sounding a little smug, "It's so damn boring. Those little buggers have too much energy."

"That's what you get for being such a good teacher." I smile, "Those kids think you're their favorite, Master Skywalker this and Master Skywalker that. You aren't even a Jedi Knight yet!" I laughed loudly, standing up off the sofa and walking into the kitchen to make myself a hot cup of coffee. Thank the maker for the Earth humans discovering these smooth beans.

Anakin stood up and followed me into the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water and downing it quickly, then shaking his head in disbelief. He then walked over to me and began to ruffle my hair, teasing me slightly.

"Maybe they call me Master Skywalker because they've seen me beat you so often during our sparring sessions." Anakin teased with a cocky grin, causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever you say, I'm getting dressed. By the time I come out and get ready to leave, you better be back in your own apartment getting ready for your own day." I laughed, sipping my blackened bean juice before setting it on the counter and rushing towards my bedroom.

As I stood up and left the kitchen, Anakin chuckled, finishing his glass of water before setting it down. "Have fun playing mommy to some Jedi younglings." He called after me, the mocking tone clear in his voice. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and growl under my breath as I left the room, but I could feel myself laughing quietly as well.