CHAPTER THIRTY THREE- Return of my Jedi

The next day as I stood at the front of the Lars family home, staring at the approaching Speeder. Padme and I both stood with furrowed brows, our gazes locked on the white wrapped sheets around what I could only assume to be his mother...

A hand slowly covered my mouth. I may make fun of Anakin whenever I'm given the chance, but beneath all of that I did care for him. I cared about how he felt. We were Jedi, sure, but even under that we were still human.

I should never have let him come here. My jaw hardened at the thought of what he could have done, about my meditation from last night. I know he did something. Something bad. I could sense it.

Owen, Beru, and Cleve quickly came out to the very same sight.

"Ani..." I whispered, reaching out to him. He shrugged my hand off and lifted the corpse off the back of the bike. Carrying the woman as if she weighed nothing. He was in a very fragile state, that much I knew for sure.

The silence was deafening.

There was a palpable tension in the air.

Padme stood as still as a statue, her eyes locked on Anakin, her hands clasped tightly together in front of her as she tried to keep her emotions in check.

I bit my tongue as I watched him walk back inside the house, ignoring all of us.

I wanted to go after him. To make him answer for what he had just done, but I was frozen.

A moment later, Beru walked past us, towards where Anakin had just gone, followed by Owen and Cleve, leaving Padme and myself alone outside in the scorching sun. I felt my throat tightened as I swallowed, tears brimming my eyes but never falling. In fact, unless you were staring me directly in the eyes you'd probably never notice.

Padme put a hand on my shoulder, "You haven't been the same since last night. Did something happen during your mediation?" She asked quietly, her voice slight more than a mumble.

"I...I do not know." I admitted, "It was just a feeling. Unlike most Jedi my age, Premonitions and Visions have never exactly been my strong suit...Not like Ani."

Padme was silent for a few seconds, her thoughts focused on something I didn't know. It was just as well, I didn't want to know whatever she was thinking.

But then she looked at me, her eyes soft and gentle.

She had a way with her words.

"You know Anakin better than me." She replied, "What did you feel?"

I rubbed my jaw before sliding my hand to pinch the bridge of my nose, exhaling tiredly, "Pain. Mental and Physical. Fear, from both him and whomever he was with when he found Shmi...." The words felt sickening on my tongue, "Whatever it was, I don't feel good about it."

Padme motioned inside with her hand, "I'm sure you could just ask him." She reasoned, "If Anakin would listen to anyone it would be you."

"You're right, I could..." I said, but I wasn't sure if Anakin was up to talking right now.

I could feel something in the air, that feeling was almost as bad as what was going on inside my head.

"Thank you," I nodded at Padme before turning to follow her inside.

As we entered my eyes went to searching for the blonde haired boy, wondering just where he had went. The body of Shmi Skywalker was sitting on the table, lifeless and breathless, just as Anakin at feared. I wonder if he was with her when she passed. I hope he was, at least then he would have been able to speak with her one more time.