CHAPTER FOUR- I like to tease

In the coming hours Anakin proved that he'd never taken it easy on an opponent even when injured, unrelenting in his attacks with his blue saber. In contrast the deep green of my blade was at ease in its competition, blocking incoming attacks with more precision than a medical droid. The force was active all around us, our instincts on high alert, simply waiting for the next strike.

As we locked blades over and over again, our fight continued on an equal footing, both wielding powerful techniques, our combat skills matched in our differing skill set. Neither of us could find weaknesses in the other's defenses, our blades clattering and clashing as they deflected off one another.

Neither of us could gain an edge in the battle, neither of us wanted to give up, and we continued our unrelenting assault. Our battle raged on without an end, both Anakin and I determined to defeat the other, neither caring just how long it would take to overcome the other.

"You look tired, Vaesella." Anakin irked, gritting his teeth as he pressed his blade against mine, trying to flatten me like a pancake. My back bent rather flexibly, my core engaging immediately and straining to stay engaged. Had it not been for the wound I'd sustained from Grievous merely 24hours prior, I would drive him with utmost perfection.

As we continued our assault, I could sense his frustration and anger building. His breathing became loud and harsh and his eyes narrowed in rage. I was still calm and collected, allowing my thoughts and focus to remain centered on the battle. I could tell he was beginning to tire, his strength weakening with each attack that I parried with ease. When I saw an opening, I struck back.

"In your dreams, Skywalker!" I hissed, "I. Will. Win."

"Now who's dreaming?" He teased, his words quicker than his saber.

I didn't let his words distract me, I knew I still had to keep the pressure on him. His blade parried mine with a quick flick of the wrist, sending my attack off course. I was still able to recover quickly and press on, striking back with a heavy slash aimed at his chest. He ducked away, just barely avoiding the blow.

"You're adopted!" I yelled, shocking myself but laughing none the less. Anakin seemed to be shocked as well, preparing to swing and beginning to snort while restraining a smile.

He wheezed but kept fighting, "What?!" He grinned.

I didn't stop to explain myself, instead I continued the pressure on him. I had lost my calm demeanor in that moment, wanting to make him laugh despite a battle for our lives. Anakin still held back his laughter, still focusing on the fight, but at least I had disrupted his concentration. I pushed on, swinging at his torso again, trying to land a strike despite his parry.

"Your tricks are cheap, Vaesella."

I chuckled, "Works well enough on you."

Anakin growled, "Don't think you've won yet" He launched a heavy attack at me, I was just barely able to dodge the blow by jumping back, avoiding the deadly stroke. However, I saw a chance to strike at him, aiming for his chest. My blade narrowly missed his ribcage, but I could feel the wind of the strike blowing his hair back. It was a close call, but I had managed to disrupt his attack.

"Did Windu teach you these---" He stopped himself from laughing arrogantly, "Amazing techniques?"

I grinned, knowing that I had made him laugh. It may have only been a momentary distraction, but it could be enough to help me win.

"Mace Windu did indeed teach me those techniques, and I bet he never showed them to you. Don't you wish you had a master as powerful and wise as him?"

Anakin clashed his blade against mine in protest to my words, "Don't push it..."