CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN- Another Dinner

"We aren't having dinner with your parents again?" I asked with a laugh, pushing Anakin's back into the room due to his slow dragged pace. Padme had grown tired of the outdoors shortly after she watched me fake my death, all of us finishing the snap-bread before deciding we'd like something a little more filling.

Padme snorted as she took a seat, "After last dinner?" She joked, "Unless you'd like to be interrogated."

Anakin raised his brows before sitting down, "I'll pass." He huffed. I completely understood and was rather thankful that Padme was being so considerate. The room was beautiful, a decadent table shimmering under the light of the slowly setting sun. Basking us all in warm pale and golden light.

I squinted hesitatly before also finding a seat. Senator Amidala at the head of the table and Anakin and I across her either side, forming something of a triangle. Padme smiled and smoothed the skirt of her dress, setting a napkin in her lap, "I know my parents can be a lot." She said, "Sometimes they just don't know when to stop asking questions."

"Good thing you're the senator then." I smiled, pursing my lips in dignity.

"They just care about me." Padme chuckled as she picked up her silverware, digging into the dish her servants had placed before her. The entire table remained silent for a solid five minutes before Anakin spoke, chewing his food slowly. I remained quiet, trying to keep up with the mood in the room.

"I don't know," he finally said, "Your parents aren't as intense as most, which is weird."

"Maybe they just feel comfortable around me," Padme replied, her mouth full of food as she ate quickly. "They're usually very formal around everyone else, but with me they're just...them. It's hard to explain."

"They're your parents." I said sternly, reaching out to grab a Naboo fruit for my plate, only to be blocked by Anakin. He didn't even look at me as he began piling a few items onto my plate, as if I were a toddler and he was my caretaker.

He didn't make eye contact with me as he laughed at our conversation, "Settle down, ladies." He smirked, shaking his head, "You both need to eat. Strength doesn't just appear y'know."

"Oh please, I'm fine," I groaned, swatting his hand away. "I don't need you to baby me like a child or something, I can feed myself." The fact that he had made no eye contact with me the entire time was really getting on my nerves. I took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. He rolled his eyes.

"Ella, just eat the food, yeah?" He nodded, lightly pushing my plate towards me.

I sighed in defeat and reached out, grabbing the plate and eating the food. As I ate, I looked over at Padme, who was smiling softly at the two of us. She had the look of a motherly type figure, like she wanted to make sure we were both okay. I couldn't help but notice the way that Padme didn't respond when Anakin was trying to boss her around. She was just letting it go.

Time passed and we continued as normal. Everything Ani out on my plate was actually my favorite, he even remembered to keep the saucy items away from my crumby items. He's such a sweetheart. About twenty minutes into the conversation we were all extremely relaxed and happy with how the evening was going.

"---And when when I got to them we went into aggressive negotiations." Anakin smiled, enjoying the look of intrigued and awe on Padme's face at his stories. Ones which were honestly completely true. Anakin Skywalker never had to lie about his great feats, he wouldn't be regarded with such esteem if not anything else.

"Aggressive negotiations, what's that?" Padme mused.

I smirked, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes, "Negotiations with a lightsaber."