CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR- Master Kenobi

We quickly followed R2-D2 to the Leviathan, boarding quickly and going to the cockpit to listen to the message sent by Obi-wan. By the time the image of the holo-formed Master was projected, I'd already sat down and crossed my legs. It was beginning to feel like a pointlessly long day.

Gage stood behind me.

"Anakin my long range transmitter has been knocked out, retransmit this message to Coruscant." The man began, Anakin nodding his head towards Gage who nodded back and clicked a button to forward the hologram to the council, "I have tracked the Bounty Hunter, Jango Fett, to the Droid foundries on Geonosis. The trade federation is to take delivery of a droid army here, and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray it's behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala, the commerce guilds and corporate alliance have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a--" The recording of the Mullet brandishing man paused and activated his saber, allowing it to whoosh to life, "Wait. Wait."

Padme, Anakin, and I were helpless as we watched. Ani's jaw clenching and Padme and I looking on in quiet pondering. I could tell what thoughts were going through the Senators head by the way her nose twitched, like a bunny preparing to bolt.

From the hologram a droid appeared and began firing at Obi-wan, Grievous and his annoying robots getting my last nerve. I still haven't forgiven him or his mechanical school-projects for shooting me.

I reached over and gently grasped Anakin's hand, or more specifically locking our pinkies together. You wouldn't be able to tell unless you saw us from behind, luckily, because my Master began speaking.

"Vaesella. Anakin." He started, "We will deal with count Dooku. The most important thing for y'all to do is stay where you are. Protect the Senator, at all costs."

"Yes, Master." Anakin and I spoke in unison, our gazes locked on the image of Mace Windu, I could sense Ani's frustration at the situation, but his determination as well. I trusted his judgment, and I thought it best to do the same about mine.

Padme watched the video with a neutral expression, her feelings impossible to gage. She was the most composed one of us, but I had my reservations when it came to her and her thoughts.

"We will not fail you." I promised with a nod of my head.

"I surely hope not." Mace replied.

As the hologram faded into the air, I gritted my teeth. Obi-wan was in danger. My friend, someone whom I looked up to a great deal. It also didn't help that he was my---my other friends Jedi Master. As hurt as I feel, I know for a fact that Anakin felt it ×10.

Gage blinked, "Master Ella, you must take a deep breath, your heart rate is fluctuating rather abnormally." He advised, "Concerningly so."

"I understand my heart rate is high, but I believe it's the situation that calls for it. I have a sense of urgency here and I'm not sure why." I tried my best to think logically about this but my feelings were overtaking me, I took a deep breath, trying to slow my heartbeat.

Anakin, who was still holding my pinkie, slowly released me. His eyes shifted to Padme. She was staring at us.

She furrowed her brows, "Are we not going to rescue him?" The senator asked, crossing her arms in disbelief as Anakin took a seat, "Just like that, we're giving up?!"

"My master ordered us to stay here." I mumbled, not happy with the command myself.

"The council will never make it to Obi-Wan in time, it's simply impossible! And look, he's less than a parsec away." Padme assured, waving her arms as if that would further expedite her reasoning as she tapped on MY datapad, "You guys are just going to let him die? Anakin, he's your mentor, your friend---"