CHAPTER FOURTEEN- Anakin comes over

The day after training with Master Windu I had largely thought that I would have  had a calm uneventful evening when I got home. I believed that I'd get to my apartment, eat some junk that was probably really bad for me, drink something that would help me sleep, and take a god damn nap. Yet somehow someway the universe has decided that my life isn't exciting enough and sent in its place a Wild fire.

That wild fire being Anakin Skywalker of course.

My door was force unlocked and thrown open, in strutting the man of the hour himself as if he owned the building entirely. I had just gotten home and was only half way through my plans when he came, a bizarre expression on his face.

I popped a piece of popcorn into my mouth, my legs dangling off the counter. I freeze and stare at the intruder before eating yet another piece, "Oh...Um. Hi?" I said awkwardly, raising an eyebrow while waiting for an answer or explanation as to why he didn't knock.

He huffed, "I've been meaning to talk to you but you've been with Master Windu all day." It felt as if he were scolding me for having a life outside of him, but I skipped past that like the mature adult I was, "Did you buy stuff for my apartment?"

I chewed, "Mhyeh."

"Don't talk with food in your mouth, Vaesella." Anakin said, rolling his eyes, "You didn't have to get anything for me, I didn't ask."

“I know.” I replied, taking another piece of popcorn and chewing. This was the most annoying thing about him. He was too nice, he didn’t mean to be. But it gave him a sort of holier than thou vibe and I hated that. And he was always acting like I was his little sister. He had saved my life on multiple occasions but that didn’t make me beholden to him, “I wanted to.” I said, looking at him intently. It was true, I had wanted to surprise him.

Anakin narrowed his eyes and then sighed, “Fine, whatever.” He said, “I’m not angry that you got me something. It’s very sweet, I just don’t like people going out of their way for me like that.”

”Okay, I’ll make sure to remember that you just don’t like kindness.” I replied sarcastically, "You deserve to be able to go home and feel like you actually live there. I had fun hanging out, now the next time I can sit with a pillow!"

Anakin quirked a brow, "Do like....need to have a pillow?" He asked curiously.

I shrugged, "I mean it's greatly preferred."

He was obviously confused as to why I required a pillow when sitting on a couch, but honestly it was just my preference. I enjoyed having something to hold in my arms, always seeming to need something to fiddle my fingers against. Normally that just happened to be couch pillows.

“Don’t judge.” I replied, slightly annoyed, when all of a sudden I felt a wave of exhaustion hit me. It was strange that it was happening during the day, I was supposed to feel this way at night.

"I'd never judge you." Anakin assured me, "Judgment is for judges, I'm just a Jedi."

"A Padawan." I teased.

“Okay, I know I’m technically a padawan but you have not seen my skills.” Anakin said defensively, "I’m stronger in the Force than most Jedi already. I’m sure I’m stronger than you.”

I rolled my eyes, “I doubt that you’re as fast as me. I’m known for my speed, ya' dumb nut."

He smiled and grabbed some of my popcorn, pulling himself and leading me towards the living room.

It was no small wonder that Anakin had been so adamant about entering my apartment. I lived in a luxury apartment located in the heart of Coruscant, the heart of the Republic. It was a small two-bedroom apartment, but its location could not be beaten. Even the air was crisp here, and every room had beautiful scenery.