'Yes. I need to be strong, strong enough that even two princes can't do anything about it.'

There were two ways for him to attain strength.

Ironically, both involved excelling as a healer.

'First, I must develop the province of Rafalde as much as I can, as I thought earlier.'

The more Rafalde flourished, the more powerful he would become.

Serving his people as a Healer Lord and embodying the principles of a Great Physician would amplify his strength.

'The second way is to be a healer and treat the patient as best I can.'

This revelation was unexpected.

Healing patients and being powerful were related?

They were unexpectedly closely related, because he was a healer.

Though he had ascended to the status of a feudal lord, his fundamental nature remained unchanged.

All his renown was built upon his identity as a healer, and his most esteemed supporters were also people he healed.

'The better I heal my patients, the more my reputation will grow, and the more people I can aid.'

Ultimately, nothing had changed: he would continue being the best healer he could be, wielding a power that set him apart.

He aimed to amass wealth and live life on his terms.

'First, I'd like some beef. Why hasn't Hanson shown up yet?'

Hanson had gone to prepare a steak to restore his strength, but there was no word yet.

Just as he was rising to leave, an unexpected visitor arrived.

"Your Excellency, are you feeling better?"

"...."

There was a knock at the door, and a figure entered. A noble lady adorned in a vibrant red robe.

"I, Laina, have brought a steak for Your Excellency on behalf of Lord Hanson."

Laina beamed, presenting a plate of steak oozing with juices.

"It's a pleasure to see you."

***

Raymond's expression soured.

Archmage Laina.

The Lady of Red Blood.

'Her real name is the Crazy Lady.'

After the incident with the spirit stone, Raymond had investigated her and learned a few facts.

An archmage holding the 103rd rank in the Magic Tower.

A personality that, despite her elegant attire, could be described as radical(?).

An obsessive nature typical of archmages, unwilling to turn away once fixated.

Also, an Inquisitor.

'Inquisitor of heresy.'

Raymond gulped.

Inquisitors.

Those entrusted with executing the enemies of the Magic Tower.

'The Magic Tower has as many enemies as it has power.'

Here in the Kingdom of Houston, foes of the Magic Tower were scarce on the western edge of the continent.

However, towards the center of the continent, numerous secret societies existed, and most were antagonistic towards the Magic Tower.