'... let's think about that later.'

Raymond swiftly averted his gaze, and Laina regained her composure.

"Oh, my apologies. Your Excellency, meeting you fills my heart with anticipation... I wonder if I could extend an invitation for dinner after this concludes. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to converse with you in depth."

Her words were polite, yet carried an unsettling undertone.

It hinted at an impending ominous event.

The "ho-ho" laughter and peculiar gaze seemed more unsettling than even Duke Leif.

Raymond feigned ignorance, blocking out the disquieting atmosphere by inserting the stethoscope's earplugs.

'I have no idea. I can't predict what's about to unfold.'

Considerable time elapsed in this tense silence.

Laina focused on her magic, and Raymond diligently worked to stabilize her mana heart.

The process unfolded smoothly.

The mana within the white crystal dwindled significantly.

The pinnacle of Archmage Magic!

'Hold on a moment. If the mana in the white crystal vanishes like this, won't it still be usable?'

Raymond's eyes widened with a sudden realization.

Unexpectedly, he had stumbled upon a significant treasure!

'Sure, as a magic stone, it's worthless without mana, but it can serve as a valuable resource for the medical industry!'

Among the resources required for the medical industry, obtaining white crystals had been a major concern, but now it seemed resolved!

'Alright, let's continue down the path to Super Rich...!'

However, as is often the case, happiness wasn't readily granted by the heavens.

Suddenly, a complication emerged.

"Keuk...!"

Laina unexpectedly groaned, and a sense of foreboding settled over the scene.

"archmage?"

"No, no, no, I can't continue; I've depleted all my available mana..."

She spoke in a faltering voice, drained after hours of employing neutralization magic.

'I can't believe I've used up so much mana.'

Initially, she thought her mana reservoir would suffice to address the issue when she initiated the spell.

Neutralization magic, while intricate, typically didn't demand an extensive amount of mana, and as a top-tier archmage, she possessed a substantial reserve.

Even the mana stored in the Red Blood Fan was considerable, leading her to believe it would be enough, but that wasn't the case.

'Still insufficient.'

However, the silver lining was that she had successfully neutralized the majority.

Now, less than 1% of the mana remained in the white crystal.

The challenge arose from the fact that the residual mana was volatile.

Left unchecked, it would inevitably trigger a sizable explosion.

'It might be less intense than the initial explosion, but still potent. Unfortunately, I lack the energy for further magical intervention...'

Just then, things took a dramatic turn.