CHAPTER - 37

[SLIGHT MATURE]

ZHAN POV

Those last days I let go of all my resentment and pain. I don't know how to explain it to you, but it was like an escape from my own mind and body. These days I felt like my past was disappearing, but I found myself as soon as I was willing to leave behind what was pulling me down. 

"Herman Hesse said that some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is just about letting go."

From the very first moment when I let go of what I was, I became what I might be and when I let go of what I had, I received what I needed so desperately in my life. I stand in front of the mirror and look at myself. Fatigue can be seen on my face. I feel matured overnight. I wear some blue ultra-soft high-neck tank and cheeky matching shorts PJ set. I look in the mirror and analyze my body. 

Suibian is already in top form and there is no sign of his incapacity that he was abducted last week. We are both healed.

Only the traces of the wounds caused by the silver bullet are more visible and a few bruises. I look in the mirror and run my hand over my wounds. They will remain a witness forever that this ugly past did exist and is not a bad dream. How I wish it were an imagination... Looking at myself in the mirror, I lift my tank slightly, exposing my abdomen. 

My goddess... I'm pregnant. I can't believe it, nor do I know when it happened. I never had a problem with having a pregnancy, in my ignorance I left everything in Yibo's care. Somehow I thought he didn't want a baby now, but surprise! I'm pregnant and more than that I'm ecstatic to know that Yibo's baby is growing in me. I look at my slightly bulging abdomen. I'm almost three weeks pregnant. In a month and a half at most, our pup will be in our arms. 

I lightly put my hand on the womb area and caress it tenderly. The same fluttering begins to amplify. The baby feels like he reacts to every touch of mine. I am so enchanted by the image of my slightly bulging abdomen that I don't even realize when Yibo comes up behind me and hugs me, putting his hands around me so that our hugged image is reflected in the mirror. He must have come out of the shower because his hair is still wet and around him is just a towel. 

"How did I come to love you?" Yibo asks me, smiling and kissing my neck lightly, "I still don't know".

I look in the mirror and, raising my eyebrow, I look at him questioningly. 

"All I know is that one day I stopped walking and looked you in the eye and from that moment on I knew I would always come back to look in your eyes whether they were good or bad."

"Yibo," I say, turning to his arms and staring at him. 

"Zhan," says Yibo. 

"I haven't run away from love in this life, but I just didn't think I'd ever find my fated mate. I ran away from everything that wasn't authentic in my life. I never wanted to fool myself. That was until the moment I met you and I simply didn't care about fated mate or the authentic things I wanted, I wasn't interested in anything I knew and thought I was longing for. After I meet you all I need were you. How did I come to love you? I don't know until today, but now it's too late because I know I love you irretrievably, Zhan. And the fact that in the end it happened to be my fated mate is just a nuisance because my love for you was already maximum." 

I hug him and squat on his chest. For the past week, Yibo has slept with me every night and made sure I recover without any problems. He kissed me, he cared me. He did everything he could to get me back. His hands are now moving over my body and when they reach my swollen womb his hand stopped. Our pup is very active every time Yibo touches me, it's as if he recognizes his presence.