CHAPTER - 3

Zhan POV

I took my little luggage and left the pack. I'm still in the Golden Moon pack, but far away enough for them not to detect my presence. The unfortunate event of my birthday hurt me deeply and I admit that I was on the verge of killing myself, but I know that beyond the anger I feel now there must be something else left in this world for me.

Suibian is with me. I just can't believe I have a wolf. The shock from my birthday made him come to the surface, much earlier than he had planned, but now he is with me. My first transformation will be fixed when he wants it. And when he feel, he is ready to come out. It's enough for me to know he is there with me and for me. I learned a lot from him. How to hide my smell and make my presence undetectable, how to hunt for survival, practically in the last four months we were just the two of us, alone in the heart of the mountains. I live like a hermit but that's all I need now to find myself. I lived for so many years in noise, in anger, that I came to believe that it is normal to live like that. The pack almost made me think I deserved what was happening to me. I started to think that whatever happening to me is very normal.

But now my thoughts started to become clear about my life. No one deserves to live like this. For the past four months I have lived in a small cave. Our pack is in the state of Montana and fortunately a lot of Yellowstone Park is in our territory. A huge, protected, partially inhabited park is at my disposal to shelter me. I hate to hurt animals, so I hunt for the bare necessities. With the help of Suibian, I learned to avoid other werewolves and I could say that I am undetectable and so I intend to stay for a while, until I decide in which direction I will direct my steps.

The Golden Moon pack is about 50 km from where I am now. I haven't broken ties with the pack yet, I don't think it's wise to be a rogue while I'm still here, all things have their time. Today was supposed to be a normal day. A little discussion with my wolf in the first hour, a quick swim in Undine Falls, I hunt a rabbit or a bird to have something to eat in the next few days and I try to relax and find peace. This is my daily routine but it seems that today things do not happen the way I want because just when I come out of the water I hear noise nearby.

"Zhan," I hear Suibian say, "...hide."

I immediately pull on my clothes and try to mask my presence. I try to listen and somehow catch what is happening. I got shocked by what I saw. There are over 100 rogues. I have never seen such a gathering of rogues in my life, not even on the day my parents died. I hope they are not heading for the Golden Moon pack. I sincerely hate them but I don't want anyone to die at the hands of some damn rogues. The pack has about 1200 members but more than half are children and the elderly. The actual fighters are around 300, which is a lot but not enough in a massive attack.

A rogue is like a mad dog. The longer he stays alone, the more dangerous he becomes. That's why I didn't want to break ties with the pack. The feeling of belonging to a pack makes your mental health stay straight. Also the proximity to your fated mate includes in it. I was given away the chance to have a fated mate.

"Suibian, let's follow them from a distance." I say slightly puzzled. I don't understand what they want to do and where they are going. After two hours of sneaking and sneaking after them, everything becomes clear. They are not in transit. Their target is the Golden Moon pack.

"Oh, my goddess! Suibian, what are we going to do?" I ask in panic. I hate this pack. Only a few members haven't treated me badly, but do I want them to be wounded and killed by the hand of some rogues? Definitely not!

"We're not doing anything, Zhan," Suibian says earnestly. "We are watching what is happening and if necessary we will see what and if it is possible to help."