✩ ring-ing fatal affair

✩ August 1995

August 1995

"Oh darling! I've missed you so much! Marissa exclaimed tearfully, yanking her daughter into a warm embrace, rubbing her back comfortingly. She pulled away to inspect Valia closely, a deep frown painted her face. "You're awfully skinny, have you been eating?"

Noel and Liam shared a brief glance. She hasn't. Even during their tour, they barely saw her go near to any sort of food, unless they practically yelled at her for almost passing out after a performance. It was infuriating, for both the Gallaghers and the band, they cared about her incredibly and they loathed the fact that she wasn't taking care of herself.

"Of course, ma." Valia smiled gently, kissing her cheek, whispering to her mother about how much she had missed her.

They were finally back in Manchester, away from tour and the studio. Their new single was set to release in a few weeks time, and they were all understandably anxious about it. Well, Val was –— the rest of them was convinced that they had nothing to worry about.

Liam intervened before Marissa could say anything else, not wanting their family gathering to turn into some sort of emotional argument. He placed a hand on his girlfriend's back, before leaning down to peck Marissa on her cheek. "How have yer been Mar? My mam and Paul bothering yer?"

Marissa laughed, patting her daughter's boyfriend's cheek tenderly as Paul cussed his brother out. "No bother!"

Soon after, Peggy tackled Val into a motherly hug — pecking kisses all over her face and claiming that she grows into more of a wonderful lady each time they saw each other. And Liam would only smile at the interaction with a swollen heart.

They all conversed as they prepared for dinner, with the kitchen erupting into chaos whilst the Gallagher brothers began arguing over an old memory. Valia leaned into Liam's back, arms wrapped around his torso, laughing at the scene unfolding before her.

"I didn't give you that scar!" Noel defended himself loudly, shoving away all the accusations.

Liam scoffed. "Yes yer did! It was that the day after r' football game! Ya was upset cause mam yelled at yer!"

Peggy shook her head with a laugh, whispering to Marissa. They two missed the ruckus whenever their three rockstars returned.

Paul's face lit up. "I remember, ye clipped Noel's guitar!"

"I din do nothin'!" Liam scowled irritatedly, before lifting his palm and showing the old scar that tainted his skin. "I'm the one with a scar!"

Valia muffled a laugh into her boyfriend's shoulder, grabbing his hand and inspecting the scar closely. She remembered him telling her the story a while back. It was a vague one, because somehow it was a memory that seemed a little hazed. But Liam was convinced that Noel had gotten upset with him over something, and the two got into a squabble in their shared room — which ended with brutal shoving, and the younger Gallagher lost his balance before crashing into their bedside table. The end of the wooden table made a sharp contact with Liam's palm, and the day ended with with a bloody Liam getting stitches.