𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙡

✩ May 1995

May 1995

"You two need to fucking drop it. Right this second."

The table drained from all sounds, only the chattering of Good Mixer pub engulfing them. Valia looked up away from the Blur boys and Mel, and towards a scowling Noel. "What are you talking about big ol' Noel?"

"Don't try me." He threatened, glaring deep into her eyes, both of them seemingly trying their hardest to keep their eyelids up and open, burdened by the drugs and booze. "You think I don't know what you two fucks have been doing?"

"What?" She asked innocently, shifting her back closer to Damon Albarn's chest, feeling herself get warmer at the embrace of his wrapped arm around her.

Noel narrowed his eyes at this, shaking his head ever so slightly. "You and r'kid. Stop it. Stop fucking around."

Mel groaned from beside Alex. "You know, you're talking a whole bunch of nothing. Get it out, Noel — we were just about to give Damon a dare."

"Grow the fuck up." Noel said appallingly, confounded why a group of grown people would want to play truth or dare, before glancing back towards the bassist. "You too. I don't know what kind of shit you and Liam are playing at, but I'm sick of seeing it."

It has been a month since Liam admitted to his infidelity. A month since Valia Mick had supposedly forgave his foolishness. A month since the pair would sleep together, and then slip out of bed to call someone else late at night. A long month since Damon Albarn had frequently called and seen the Oasis girl, getting all cozied up in the background. The exact long month since Patsy Kensit had done the same with the Oasis frontman.

That was the game that they were playing at. The Oasis couple knew all about it. They hadn't exactly made it subtle. Liam would quietly whisper into the phone, swarmed by the darkness of their room. And Valia would go on to dial the London boy's number, the two of them would talk for hours on end.

Nobody knew why the couple did what they did. Because if anything, they loved each other beyond than words could paint. But there hadn't been much trust since then, and there was an underlying essence of competition, that the other could hurt them the exact same way they were feeling.

It had been the primary reason why the two would go out to parties or the pub together, and when they saw the other talking to someone of the opposite sex, then they would have done the same. Yet, for Val, that guy would always be Damon Albarn. One, because he was the only guy she could be bothered to do anything with. And secondly, she loved seeing how riled and ticked Liam got over the sight of them.

But then, Liam would do the same with Patsy Kensit. A woman Valia had known to be the person that had slept with her boyfriend — in their hotel bed. That only made her rage worse, because at least she hadn't slept with Damon Albarn during the course of their relationship.