𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

AUTHOR'S NOTE   
ohhh the first few bits was nastyyy for me to write im afraid, hold on to the railings dear readers!

AUTHOR'S NOTE    ohhh the first few bits was nastyyy for me to write im afraid, hold on to the railings dear readers!

April 2009, Dig Out Your Soul Tour; Singapore

It was February when that same familiar, unsaved contact number had dialled her again.

This time, Damon came back with a hefty proposition. He wanted her to produce on a number of the tracks on Gorillaz's seventh studio album. She listened intently as he described his plans, from what he expected from their collaboration, to the boundaries that he was willing to set.

He explained that because her production work on Graham's album had flown by successfully, he could only wish that she would embed the same creativity and miracle for Gorillaz. Valia Mick wasn't the only other musician and artist that Damon had approached as a producer, and in fact, a number of them had gracefully accepted the decision of working alongside Albarn. And now, he was hoping that after Mel had kindly convinced her to listen to his plans, Val would do the same and glad-fully work with him.

But alas, she said no.

It wasn't that Valia was repulsed and loathed the idea of working with Damon, if anything, it wasn't the thing that bothered her as much. In reality, she was quite intrigued by the proposal, and she was within reach to grab out and accept it. But she simply could not. Her relationship with Liam, although had its great moments, was slowly fading into a river of tears, one that she tried terribly to drain and fix.

The last thing she wanted to do was fuel their problems any further by spending time with Damon Albarn. Besides, she didn't think she could fully face him again, let alone spend hours working with him in a room. It didn't matter that years had passed, or that she had happily moved on. Damon was always going to be the essence that hung from the string of her soul, because he was the first person she had ever been so determined to marry and start a family with. The failure to do so shattered her into an imploding mess of sickness, and it ruined her that the two of them were forced to accept that things weren't meant to be. She desperately wanted, and yearned for it to be him.

But she was happy with how her life turned out. Even if she wished there were various things that would make an attempt to change. Like Liam's behaviour towards cocaine and alcohol, for instance.

That was the reason why she had shot Damon's approach down. Only it wouldn't have mattered much. Word in the industry travelled fast, in spite of the fact that they hadn't uttered a word about it.

"Did you ring Von today?"

The Oasis frontman couldn't be bothered to spare his girlfriend a glance, only shrugging off his jacket and tossing them towards the couch, before lying down on the hotel bed. "No."