𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤. 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙊𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙨 ₁₉₉₁

AUTHOR'S NOTE
10K WORDS FOR THIS CHAPTER??? its incredibly long but I really wanted to cover Val and Liam's story, and the start of the band.

There's still quite a few to write about, so bear with me while we go down the memory lane!

Not proofread yet but will go through it soon and edit any mistakes out.

May 1991

"Hi lads." The younger girl breathed out, huffing from the speedy walk she had partook in, and greeting them with a small smile as she held up a paper bag. "Got you all some doughnuts."

Bonehead jumped out of his chair, almost stumbling after himself in order to rush over to Valia, instantly grabbing the bag out of her grasp. "Oh you are an angel."

She laughed. "I know I am." She said, twinkling at the sight of the older boy. "Jesus, don't choke yourself."

"Just really starving." He mumbled, his mouth filled with the remnants of his chew. She grimaced at little, shaking her head at his indecency.

Tony laughed along, making his way over and gently peeking into the bag, before deciding on one of the many flavoured doughnuts. "Thank you, Val."

The girl shrugged. Ever since Tony McCarroll had started a band with a few of his friends, he made it his mission to get her to be present at almost each and every one of their jamming sessions, including the minor shows they played at pubs. It was then when she met Bonehead, together with Chris Hutton—– the lead singer and guitarist of their band.

Though, they weren't particularly good. That she can admit, but she never had the heart to say it out loud. She could tell that the boys simply enjoyed what they did and she was just happy to be around and be accepted as a part of their little group, in spite being relatively younger than the most of them.

At first, they found it rather odd and strange to have her around, seeing that she was no good use to the band. Instead, she only hung around in the corner listening and laughing as they played, and Tony would disappear in between their practice to come and sit with her, talking away as they smoked and drank. But that was it, and both Bonehead and Chris couldn't see why it mattered to Tony that she was there. Then they got to know her better and realised that there was more to her than they noticed, and with her hefty interest in instruments and music, it made utter sense as to why Tony insisted to have her in their jamming sessions.

Valia pulled her eyes away from the two greedy and hungry boys, scanning around the room for another one of them. Only to take note that he wasn't there. "Where's Chris?"

Bonehead stopped, wiping his mouth. "Gone." He stated, then flickered over to Tony. "Didn't you tell her?"

The curly headed boy seemed to have forgotten the little piece of information, and cheekily gave Val a look. "Sorry. Chris' out. We found someone else."