𝙤𝙣𝙚. 𝙢𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙟𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧

April 1994

"Well, what'dya think then?" Valia asked, fingers anxiously tapping against the bass guitar that laid on top of her lap — lurking over Noel's shoulder with an uncertain look plastered onto her face

Noel only stayed silent, despite having heard her pleas. He continued to drag his eyes over the the scribbled paper of hers, unveiling a new song she had written a few days ago, shortly after she left a party. At once, the older Gallagher pulls his head up towards her, and Valia found herself smirking when she recognised the profoundly proud smile emerging from his lips. "Val, yer a legend."

"I take it that you like it, then."

"Like?" He laughs from her side, Noel slings an arm over her shoulders and tugged her into his chest. "It might just be the one, y'know?"

The younger bassist shoved him away, escaping from his grasp as she chuckles. "Right, ya knobhead. Where's the rest?"

He groans, "Fuck if I know. r'kid's probably still pissed from last night."

Valia rolls her eyes at the mention of Liam. For as long as she had known him and the rest of the boys in their earlier days, Liam had always been the tardiest amongst them all and had only continued to progress in worser ways. It had often caused bickers between the two brothers, either big or small, but it goes on to cause an awkward tension in the studio whenever it did occur.

"Hey."

The two turned towards the door of the studio, embraced by the smell of coffee as both Bonehead and Tony straddled in with tired eyes. The latter slipped two cups of coffee over the table.

"Fucking hell. Thanks Tony." Val exclaimed with relief, kissing the curly headed boy on the cheek, in which he responded with a ruffle of her hair.

It had become a routine for Tony to treat the girl to a coffee every time they had an early morning session, with him assuring her that she needed to be completely sober and awake, considering that she and Noel played an important role in writing and producing their new songs in the debut album. It wasn't until Liam had whined about Tony favouring the girl that he decided to treat the rest of the band with the same cups of coffee. Only he often came in the studio with only four rather than five.

For one, it was because Liam always arrived once the coffee turned cold, and finds it in himself to complain about it. Secondly, it was never enough to keep the younger Gallagher sober. Not that he ever truly was, anyway.

And it was true, if Tony had bought one for Liam, it would have turned frozen cold due to his lateness. It had been thirty minutes past their schedule, and Noel had begun to scowl from her side — sipping onto his coffee in silence.

When a loud slam of the door blasted, everyone in the room lifted their heads and Liam strolled in with a sleepy hair. And Val, although was frustrated and afraid of what Noel had to say, laughed when she saw the state of the younger Gallagher. "Left from yours or the bird's from last night?"