❝𝐎𝐇, 𝐘𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘!❞

Tony McCarroll, 1998

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Tony McCarroll, 1998

Founder and former drummer of Oasis talks about early days of the band

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Founder and former drummer of Oasis talks about early days of the band

You said that you were already childhood friends with most of them. What lead the group to integrate at last?

"Actually, most of us were childhood friends, but not Valia."

Right. She moved to Manchester at eleven. Were you friends then?

"Not until around '89, I'd say."

"I knew of her, of course. It's a small town we lived in, everybody knew each other. I just never really spoke to her."

"And from what I remembered, she didn't mix around a lot either."

Why not?

"Valia's a different character. Moving from Bristol meant that people automatically assumed she was highly educated and spoilt."

"The assumption was that because she came from Bristol, her family was middle-class. Whereas, in Manchester, most of us came from working-class families. You can see how people didn't mix around with her."

"The simple way for her was to simply not bother with people either."

So how did you become friends with her? It was you who introduced Valia to the rest of the band, am I right?

"Yes, it was me."

"Valia was friends, or seeing this guy who was on my local football team. It was just a team I had been in since I was a kid."