𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨

✩ October 1996

October 1996

Oasis was set to return back to the States for the rest of their tour, but Liam Gallagher, known for his notorious lack of commitment, once again decided that he simply did not want to join the band.

They went on without him, travelling around the States and pouring their hearts out for the band, which was on the crumbling edge of falling apart —— each one of their members spiralling out of control, their drug acts consuming them whole.

When their frontman reunited with the rest of the group in New York City, for their MTV Video Music Awards performance at Radio City Music Hall, things remained the same between them. Noel and Val were vaguely strained, with the older Gallagher's determination to drag the names of Blur through the mud, and the Gallagher brothers keeping up with their typical brawls with one another. As for the bassist and Liam, they were swarmed by the same old thing, the two of them occasionally getting high together, while also squabbling about.

Ever since Liam got himself married to Patsy, he had been avoiding Val Mick at all costs. When the bassist told him that she wanted him to be happy with Patsy, a strange part of him was quite disappointed, furious even, that she could not understand that there was no happiness without her around. But then he realised that she wasn't going to budge, that whatever he had done was un-reversible. And so he finally gave Patsy Kensit what she had wanted from the beginning, a marriage. That didn't mean, however, that he loved her in the same he was supposed to, like he loved Val —— and that made it entirely intolerable for him to face her, knowing that they were both committed to different partners.

"Ye'r going to join us for the rest of it. No more fucking about."

Liam, lazily sitting on the couch in the backstage room, only rolled his eyes at the older Gallagher. "I told ye i'm fucking unwell."

"The only thing unwell about ye is yer lazy fucking attitude." He spat at his brother, undoubtedly infuriated that Liam thought it was acceptable for him to come and go as he pleased, as though Oasis was simply just a half arsed work.

"Least I've got the voice and looks," Liam paused, narrowing his eyes over at the older Gallagher before adding on. "Something yer clearly don't."

Val, who had been minding her own business like the rest of the band —— snapped her head at the lead singer, her lips pulled into a tensed frown. "Stop that, Li. There's no need to be rude."

Noel stared at his brother, holding himself back from doing anything else. The band needed Liam. In spite of them often saying that they didn't need the other, the truth was that Oasis could never work without any of them. Val and Noel could have written all the greatest masterpieces, perhaps even sang them, but none would have made it big if Liam wasn't there to sing them. And Liam, well, he had the most unique voice in all of Britain, but he wouldn't have made it far if it wasn't for Noel and Valia's songwriting skills.