𝙨𝙞𝙭. 𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙨

✩ June 1994

June 1994

"I'm going to throw up."

"Fucking hell! Ever heard of protection?" Noel exclaimed jokingly at first. Aware of the activities she had been doing with his own brother. Then, worriedly, following as Valia walked endlessly around the room. They were performing in front of roughly 80,000 people in less than two hours. It would be the most they had ever seen at that time.

And she was going to throw up. The nerves was kicking her in the ass, and her chest was clenching tightly, palms sweating profusely, her fingers were twitching and trembling uncontrollably.

Valia slowly crouched to her knees, suddenly staring at the older Gallagher with tears locked in her eyes — her breathing escalating within seconds.

Noel got up on his feet the second he caught the signs. She was having a panic attack. The first one he had ever seen her have. She was staring into the distance, palms rolled together and her nails digging into her skin. "Hey — fuck! Val, you're okay, you're okay."

He was mostly convincing himself. He wasn't okay. The sight was shattering him. He carried her into his arms, the girl still rapidly breathing, then resting her on the couch. Noel searched around the room relentlessly, for anything to help. The smell of her Strawberry Lemonade perhaps. But it was nowhere to be found, Liam was getting one for her. It was why he was missing.

"Val." He brushed her fringe back, she only stared at him with tears down her cheeks. "Breathe in and out yeah, can you do that?"

She continued to hyperventilate, sobbing in between. Valia felt as though she was suffocating, unable to claw herself out for the sake of her life. Eyes clenching shut tightly, not able to think of anything else except the pounding in her chest – the blood running through her veins and the sinking of her heart.

"Telephone." She sobbed.

Noel tensed. Did she want him to ring somebody? "What?"

"Telephone – hour." She managed.

Bye Bye Birdie.

He grasped the information that the girl was obsessed with it growing up, he never fucking understood why. But she loved the musical. She was introduced to it by her mother, and anything Marissa introduced her to, Valia adored.

"What's the story—" Noel was finding it hard to keep himself together, to maintain his voice. They were slowly slipping at the image lying in front of him. Valia trapped herself with her knees against her chest, trying to gain shelter. "What's the story, morning glory?"

He searched his mind for the lyrics. It was locked in his brain somewhere. She used to sing it all the time in the studio, mumbling it to herself whenever she was bored out of her mind, or trying to calm herself down.

"What's the tale, nightingale?"

Did you hear about Hugo and Kim?
What's the story, morning glory?
What's the word humming bird?