❝𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇❞

Valia Mick to MTV, 1996

You must be the happiest girl in the world

You must be the happiest girl in the world. The second fastest-selling album in British history. Top of the charts for the rest of the year. Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova both reached number one in the Modern Rock Tracks chart in the US. Oasis is a worldwide sensation, and Noel Gallagher says they wouldn't have done it without you.

"You're giving me goosebumps. I can hardly believe a word coming out of your mouth!"

You better believe it! Oasis is the biggest band in Britain, soon enough the world. What do you have to say?

"That Noel's chatting bullshit. I wouldn't be here without them. We did this together, and there's nobody else in this world I would want standing by me."

Wonderwall has yet to leave everyone's mind. What was it like working on it?

"Tremendous. It's a song very close to my heart, seeing everyone experiencing the same raw emotions I had when I worked on it makes me feel like i'm on top of the world."

It's the first song you and Liam both took the vocals on.

"It is. Must be why it's the best song on the album."

No arguments there. Liam says you're hysterical.

"Liam talks a lot. Sometimes shutting up might do him some good. Maybe he'll get less punches to the face."

Perhaps, but he meant it in a good way! That you're the happiest woman in the universe right now.

"Number one album. Number one boyfriend. I'm living the fucking life."

How about when you had the number one single, and Liam Gallagher in your hands?

"Pass. Number one album, and Damon Albarn."

How are you two? How's he feeling about this success?

"He's going through it."

Does it have to do with the fact that you're the most wanted woman in all of Britain?

"Like I said, the fella is going through it. Can barely leave the bed without him whining like a baby."