𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙨𝙪𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙨

If there was one thing Valia Mick was good at, it was keeping her promises

Damon sipped on his drink from a far, eyeing as Alex James talked to the bassist, wide grins and laughter gravitating from their direction. He contemplated approaching them, and slipping into their conversation, but it would have seemed a little too disruptive. He was sure that his presence would only cause some tension and awkwardness tugging on their pinkies.

He thought about approaching her when she was alone, but Justine and Liam was there, and there wasn't any doubt that doing so would probably leave him with a bloody lip. So instead, he just watched Valia Mick like a sick stalker, following her every move as he sipped on his booze to disguise himself away. It was daft and embarrassing to say the least. After all, it was him who fucked things up.

Graham had pulled him aside after the BRIT awards, and as it turned out, he had jumped into conclusions. And that whatever he speculated to have happened between Liam and Val back in LA was just nothing but a figment of his imagination. In fact, the two barely even spoke when they resumed their US tour after Noel returned back to the band.

He had costed whatever they had due to his own insecurities. But perhaps that was exactly what he wanted. Damon and Liam wasn't too different from each other. They both thought the same thing — that Valia Mick was too good for the industry, and themselves. Damon vowed to never drag the girl into an intoxicating world of scandal and feud, because she deserved more than that. And with him, she wouldn't be able to get the life that she wanted. That peace and quiet life. The London boy was foolish to think so. Valia Mick had chosen this particular life, she knew that from the second she befriended Liam Gallagher. She knew of it as soon as she picked her head up from snorting cocaine. And her life was nothing close to being peaceful and quiet regardless of who she dated.

He once wrote that love in the 90's was paranoid, and he would have been absolutely correct. That was how it felt like to be with Valia Mick — utterly paranoid of how things would work with her, even though it was all he ever wanted. It was that, hurting the woman he had his eyes set on, or stay within his comfort zone. And so Justine stayed.

Eventually Val faltered away from Alex, giving him a friendly hug before heading off. Damon trailed after her, before grabbing her on the forearm and yanking her towards the corner of the room, away from the big crowd of people.

"What the fuck—Damon?" She gawked, widening her eyes at the sight of the drunken, and clearly high boy in front of her. She took in his appearance, his classic jacket over his football shirt. His hair was unkempt as it always was, and his eyes were heavy and squinted. "What are you doing?"

He noticed how she unstoppably glanced over his shoulder. She was keeping an eye out in case either of her bandmates saw them. Liam, for the most part. "I wanted to say hello."

"What? Couldn't have done that over the phone?" Val's tone was bitter and sharp, and he had to look away from her glare, away from the embarrassment that huddled over his head.