𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭. 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙

AUTHOR'S NOTE   made a little playlist for the book!

✩ July 2007

July 2007

The feeling around the band was that things were going south, and the words solo or leaving became cursed with a blinding power. Nobody dared to say it, but it loomed over them without a halt.

Liam and Noel's relationship continued to deteriorate into ashes, going up in flames when the frontman refused to go on a promotional tour for their compilation album, with him stating that it would be an utter waste of time. Noel was resigned, and he had no incentive to convince his younger brother, causing him to carry out the tour all by himself, followed by Gem who had offered himself up.

But Val stayed behind. She wanted to be with Liam and Levon, maybe it had to do with the sheer joy that she felt whenever the three of them spent their leisure time together——their little boy's bubbles of laughters and screams shining their complex lives and world, accompanied by Liam's warm look of peace and serene, Val knew she was where she belonged. She no longer wanted to force herself into performing and heading off to tours, abandoning her son behind without any of his parents to comfort him whenever he wailed out for love and attention.

Valia Mick yearned to quit the band.

That was something she never thought she would have been so sure about doing, but the time came and she embraced the decision without any hesitation. She had no reason to hold on to the band any longer, they had written everything into the skies, it appeared impossible to do anything else.

That, and she had a family of her own now. While Oasis will continue to be her eternal love, her priority was Liam and Levon. She no longer needed the band to keep her going, at last, she had gotten the life she wanted and she wasn't going to take it for granted.

Though, even then, it wasn't as simple as it seemed. Because uttering the decision out was a whole different problem, one that she wasn't entirely sure she was prepared for.