CHAPTER 4

Khalid Chaudhary
*******************

"Boss, we have visitor", said my personal assistant knocking at my door.

"Who is it?" I asked, looking up from my desk.

"A old lady, she said she is from an orphanage and wanted to meet you its urgent", he said peeking from the door.

"Ok! Let her in", I said looking at him, who nodded and quickly ushered the old lady into my office.

She was wearing a white salwar kameez, with a scarf on her head and a shawl wrapped on her shoulders. She was crying, her eyes were red due to all the crying she is doing.

"Please help me beta", she said joining her hands. I stood up from my chair and make her sit on it.

"Kya hua aap btaye", I asked wiping her tears, my heart sank at her state.

"The man who buyed the orphanages land want us to vacate it with in a week", she said sobbing. I could see the fear and desperation in her eyes as she pleaded for help. I reach out to hold her hands in mine and reassured her that everything would be ok.

"Main madad karunga aapki, kal main orphanage aaunga", I said and promised her that I would do everything I could to help her and the others at the orphanage. We would find a solution together, I told her as I wiped away her tears.

I listened intently as she explained the situation. The man who purchased the land where the orphanage was located them to vacate within a week. It seemed like an impossible task, and I could feel the weight of the situation pressing down on me.

But as she spoke her determination and spirit shone through despite her tears. She was willing to fight for the orphanage and the children who called it home. I made a vow to myself in that moment to do whatever it takes to support her and others in this time of need.

This was a battle against the man who, I think is selfish and greedy that we couldn't afford to lose, and I was determined to make sure that the old lady and the children had the fighting chance they deserved. I knew there was much work to be done, but together, we could find a way to keep the orphanage standing.

"I promise amma, main aap ki aur bachchon ki madad karunga", I promised her and would do anything to help her with this situation.

"Thank you", she said giving me a beautiful smile.

I give her hand a reassuring squeeze. Allah will help us.

"Amer", I call my assistant.

"Ji, Khalid bhai" he said entering my office room.

"I want you to accompany this lady to the orphanage and assist her in searching for the documents related to the property. Additionally, I need you to help her locate and speak with the individual who bought the land. This is important for our investigation and we need to gather as much information as possible", I said to Amer who looking at the old lady.

"Amer, amer", I called him to get his attention. But he is busy in observing the old lady. Why is he looking at her like that as if he know her? The woman turned her back to him.

I go near him and pat his shoulder to get his attention, "suna bhi hai tumne jo maine kaha", I ask raising my brow.

"Ummm Hmm", ji bhai he nods his head while clearing the throat.

"Kya hua?", I ask

"Kuch nhi bhai, chale ma'am", he asked the woman who got up and nodded her head at me and left the room.

Amer and the old lady left my office room, I go near my chair and sit on it with a sigh, I have to help, I need to do everything in my power to save the orphanage and stop the man from building a hotel their and kick those innocent kids out on the streets. It's not fair, and it's not right. I run my hand through my hair, feeling a sense of determination wash over me. I won't let this happen.

I need a plan, a strategy to rally a community and show the greedy man that he can't just bulldoze over the lives of these children. I won't let that man win. I won't let him destroy the precious home that these children have found at the orphanage.

They deserve so much more. And I'll do everything in my power to make sure they get it.

My phone ringed causing me to get distracted from my thoughts, I reach my phone and see the name of the caller to see it's my daughter my life.

"Assalamualaikum baba", a smile appeared on my face hearing her voice.

"Walaikumasalam gudiya", I replied.

"Baba, ghar aaye na it's around 7:30 now", she said I can feel pout might have formed on her lips.

"Ji meri jaan, abhi nikalta hu", I said causing her to reply a come fast and love you baba.

Ending the call, I stood up, grabbed my briefcase, and left the office to go home and spend the time with my family.

Little did he know that this would be the last memorable moments he was going to spend with his daughter.

_________________________________________

Don't forget to vote and comment

Allah hafiz💕💕